naza software

Reaction score
After having two fc40's stop responding to the transmitter after hooking it to the software the dji support person "dronenerds" told Me not to
hook it to the software since the model was discontinued and no update was needed or available. I am waiting on my replacement and don't need the hassle of returning another one. My question is how important is mui calibration and does this sound right?

FC40 is still listed and for sale on the DJI site so I don't believe this crap.
The Naza-M V2 assistant software remains important no matter if they update it or not. You still have to be able to calibrate and change parameters.

And since Naza-M V2 is DJI's standard flight controller, also used on many non DJI products, I doubt that it will be obsolete any time soon. Maybe they will not update the software anymore. Great! Finally a stabile platform with no update circus.

And to answer your question: NO it doesn't sound right and being able to do an advanced calibration is extremely essential. So yes, very important to hook it up to the software before you even start to fly the first time. You also would want to set the IOC funtions and the RTH switch, your battery low warnings etc......

This support nerd was talking crap.

Two brand new fc40's and waiting on the replacemant! B+H is great as far as service. However waiting a week or two for the repalemant is hard. I still am a little confused as to why the quad quit responding to the sticks after the calibration. However the s1 lever still gets response.

PC or Mac?

I never update my Phantoms using my Imac or Macbook Pro. I always take a PC for that. The Mac versions are unpredictable and crash often while flashing new software or during calibration.

Did you also update your transmitter and did an advanced calibration using the internal USB port of the transmitter? You need to unscrew the bottom to get at the port (rediculous). Don't yank it open just like that! There are some cables that easily get torn out, like the antenna cable (happened to me). Perform a calibration in the RC-assistant software. I suspect/hope the problem lies there.

Let us know what happens
Jan

usually if you do an update you need to go to the RC tab and reselect D-bus as the receiver type for it to be able to receive signals from the transmitter. I cant believe some one from DJI would of had you send some thing back for such a simple and common thing. oh wait yes I Can believe it being they tend to tell a lot of people stuff that is just not true and a lot of there techs dont seem to know there product very well. Some one else asked a dji repair tech what the voltage is supposed to be on the tiny hearing aid battery in the gps unit that keeps the memory of the gps parameters. The tech lol didn't even know there was a battery on it. SMH

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic