Naza/Phantom flight computer wiring

Reaction score
In making repairs to my P2V+, I had to remove and reinstall the flight computer. Unfortunately, the pictures I took beforehand were not sharp enough to show me the precise detail on re-connecting the various board wires to the controller. Through many Googlings, some going several pages of results deep, and with a combination of help from a German-language teardown video along with my own inferences and guesswork, I managed to rewire the controller and achieved flight.

As I am still recovering this unit to functionality, does anyone have better information on the board connections somewhere? I was rather surprised by a lack of detailed service manuals or teardown information on this model.

jimandsue60 said:

According to that document, the rear panel X2 pin bank would be for IOC switching. The trouble is, I'm unsure which circuit board wire goes there. I have them plugged in according to a guess, but my GPS is not working, despite showing up as being present. Before replacing the GPS, I would like to know clearly what goes where in case I have screwed something up so far.

OI Photography said:
That NAZA quick start guide shows standard NAZA connections, but the P2 does things just a bit differently (of course...). This set of pics is probably the best reference I've seen for how your connections should be: viewtopic.php?t=17816&p=163736#p163174

That is indeed better than anything I have found on my own! Thanks so much! I'm reading this pre-morning Red Bull but as my brain boots up, a foggy recollection of my own connections makes me think I might have something backwards. Once I am fully online, I'm going to open the quad back up and double check my connections against those reference pics.

Two questions arise:

1. The pics are a reference for the Phantom 2. I'm assuming the Naza is wired the same for the Vision+?
2. Assuming I did screw something up, is it just luck on my part that the Phantom is flying just fine, apart from no GPS lock of any kind?

So, I did indeed have things wired up incorrectly, but it doesn't appear to have made any difference in matching the pics OI Photography referenced. The machine still behaves the same exact way as before.

Can any clues be derived from this information, taken just a few minutes ago?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-13 at 8.21.43 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-13 at 8.21.43 AM.png
    90.5 KB · Views: 527
  • Screen Shot 2014-09-13 at 8.22.18 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-13 at 8.22.18 AM.png
    123.7 KB · Views: 478
If you could, take that 2nd pic again with the controller powered on while the Phantom is connected to the PC.

What LED light patterns are you getting? Sounds like it's stuck in ATTI mode maybe.

OI Photography said:
If you could, take that 2nd pic again with the controller powered on while the Phantom is connected to the PC.

What LED light patterns are you getting? Sounds like it's stuck in ATTI mode maybe.

That pic was taken with the Phantom powered on and connected. I am getting Green-Red-Red-Red, which indicates GPS mode with less than 5 sats.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31