Naza mode & s2 switch

Reaction score
I have flown the Phanton Vision plus in "out of the box" mode & really enjoy it!
When I am airborn, I confirm the home point by "flicking the switch" S2 5-6 times up & down > green flashing lights confirm its lock.

I have switched to Naza mode, primarily, so I can film in ATTI mode, BUT, I would still like to use the S2 switch in a similar fashion (to confirm GPS home lock)
...My question.

Is it possible to still have this function in S2- do I enable the IOC or what?- currently it is disabled ...Im fearful of changing it as im not sure what setting is best to achieve this invaluable confirmation.

Thanks you in advance

Rod

Yes, in Naza mode you can still use S2 to manually set the home point.

rodyork said:
I have flown the Phanton Vision plus in "out of the box" mode & really enjoy it!
When I am airborn, I confirm the home point by "flicking the switch" S2 5-6 times up & down > green flashing lights confirm its lock.

I have switched to Naza mode, primarily, so I can film in ATTI mode, BUT, I would still like to use the S2 switch in a similar fashion (to confirm GPS home lock)
...My question.

Is it possible to still have this function in S2- do I enable the IOC or what?- currently it is disabled ...Im fearful of changing it as im not sure what setting is best to achieve this invaluable confirmation.

Thanks you in advance

Rod
Don't understand your second sentence. Flipping the S2 switch does not confirm home point by flipping and getting rapid green flashes, it resets it by flipping the switch several times until you get quick green flashes from quad.

rodyork said:
I confirm the home point by "flicking the switch" S2 5-6 times up & down > green flashing lights confirm its lock.

This method resets the home point to the position the quad is in at that time, a bit of a **** if you happen to be 100 ft away from where you are and there is nothing but a lake underneath you.

Pmcdn said:
Yes, in Naza mode you can still use S2 to manually set the home point.

Thank you!- could you let me know how to do it & what IOC settings I need please.

...regarding the manual setting of Home Point( to others who have kindly submitted)- I tend to set off, then confirm the Home Point while hovering & calming down before flying!...Its usually done 10 ft from me.

If you have comfirmed CL and HL at power up on the ground by the two sets of green flashes, what is doing it again 10 feet in the air going to do for you unless you want to set home point at a higher altitude . Please explain.

Monte55 said:
If you have comfirmed CL and HL at power up on the ground by the two sets of green flashes, what is doing it again 10 feet in the air going to do for you unless you want to set home point at a higher altitude . Please explain.

I watched a video where the Home Point was recorded via GPS initially- then when more sats were established- the real Home point was found to be say 1 KM away & when it "returned to home"- it buggered off to the Home Point 1 KM away. He explained it using a mobile phone, initially using Google maps...it initially gives a rough idea of your location..but as more sats are confirmed...then it gives your exact location...which may be 1km from original assessment on Google Maps. ( hope that makes sense!)

To confirm home point, just get the proper lights...take off and fly off about 50 feet away in any direction. Flip S2 to home lock and pull right stick back. If it comes home, all is golden. Period. The only way to test it, is to do it. I don't care what lights you get. You don't even have to come all the way back. You'll know within 10-20 feet if it going the correct way.

Monte55 said:
To confirm home point, just get the proper lights...take off and fly off about 50 feet away in any direction. Flip S2 to home lock and pull right stick back. If it comes home, all is golden. Period. The only way to test it, is to do it. I don't care what lights you get. You don't even have to come all the way back. You'll know within 10-20 feet if it going the correct way.

Thank you!- I understand what you say. I thought though that it might be possible to "rapid toggle" between HL & CJ on S2(5 times)- which would then give a visual rapid set of green lights(another confirmation)- before either switching on S1 to FailSafe(bottom R) or, as you suggest- in S2> flip to HL & pull down on the right stick of joy. I'm keen to avoid going into the elite group of "fly away pilots" & am as nervous as two nervous things on a very nervous day.

Im taking the Phantom to the Sahara shortly and don't particularly fancy chasing over sand dunes "Lawrence of Arabia style"!

rodyork said:
the real Home point was found to be say 1 KM away & when it "returned to home"- it buggered off to the Home Point 1 KM away. He explained it using a mobile phone, initially using Google maps...i)

We had a thread on that somewhere, we pulled his supposed logic to bits if i remember correctly, the easiest way to see what you homepoint is is to open GS and see where the red craft mark is in relation to where you are.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj