NAZA mode question re throttle under 10% stops motors

Reaction score
This is from page 11 Of the Naza-M v2 Quick Start Manual v1.26. My question is at the bottom.
2 Stop Motor: We provide two options to stop motors in the assistant software: Immediately and Intelligent.

(1) Immediately Mode:

If you select this mode, in any control mode, once motors start and throttle stick is over 10%, motors will not stop immediately only when throttle stick is back under 10% the motors will stop. In this case, if you push the throttle stick over 10% within 5 seconds after motors stop, motors will re-start, CSC is not needed. If you don’t push throttle stick after motors start in three seconds, motors will stop automatically.

(2) Intelligent Mode:

By using this mode, different control mode has different way of stopping motors. In Manual Mode, only executing CSC can stop motors. In ATTI. Mode or GPS ATTI. Mode, any one of following four cases will stop motors:

a) You don’t push throttle stick after motors start within three seconds;

b) Executing CSC;

c) Throttle stick under 10%, and after landing for more than 3 seconds.

d) If the angle of multi-rotor is over 70°, and throttle stick under 10%.

Notes of Intelligent Mode:

(1) In ATTI. / GPS ATTI. Mode, it has landing judgment, which will stop motors.

(2) Start motors in ATTI. / GPS ATTI. Mode, you have to execute CSC and then push throttle stick over 10% in 3 seconds, otherwise motors will stop after 3 seconds.

(3) During normal flight, only pull throttle stick under 10% will not stop motors in any control mode.

(4) For safety reason, when the slope angle of multi-rotor is over 70° during the flight in ATTI. / GPS ATTI. Mode (may be caused by collision, motor and ESC error or propeller broken down), and throttle stick is under 10%, motors will stop automatically.

Notes of Intelligent Mode & Immediately Mode:

(1) If you choose the Immediately Mode, you should not pull throttle stick under 10% during flight, because it will stop motors. If you do it accidentally, you should push the throttle stick over 10% in 5s to re-start motors.

(2) DO NOT execute the CSC during normal flight without any reason, or it will stop motors at once.

(1) If you choose the Intelligent mode, and the throttle stick is under 10%, this will trigger the landing Procedure, in any control mode. In this judgment, pitch, roll and yaw controls are denied except the throttle, but multi-rotor will still auto level.

(2) In any control mode, DO NOT pull throttle stick under 10% during normal flight without any reason.

(1) Any of these two cut off types will only work properly if TX calibration is correct done.

(2) In failed-safe, CSC is denied by the main controller, motors will hold their state.

I am particularly interested in these two lines:

(1) If you choose the Intelligent mode, and the throttle stick is under 10%, this will trigger the landing Procedure, in any control mode. In this judgment, pitch, roll and yaw controls are denied except the throttle, but multi-rotor will still auto level.

(2) In any control mode, DO NOT pull throttle stick under 10% during normal flight without any reason.

I find he wording poor, confusing and difficult to understand. Does this mean that even mid flight if throttle stick goes below 10% it will either automatically land, or the motors will stop mid flight?

I recently switched to NAZA mode from Phantom to give it a try. When I was in phantom mode I would push the throttle stick to the lower limit to descend rapidly (now governed by new software). If I stay in NAZA mode, does this mean I can no longer do this without stopping the motors, or initiating a landing sequence?

Thanks.

I guess I would also add to this that I do not see a *choice* for "Intelligent" or "immediately" in the Assistant software. The status for "motor cutoff" shows as "intelligent" (which would be my personal selection anyway) but according to the manual I am supposed to be able to choose that by:
(1) Both Immediately Mode and Intelligent Mode are available in the Assistant Software:
Advanced->Motor->Stop Type.
(2) Stop Motor method is defaulted to Immediately Mode.

Further, mine is defaulted to "Intelligent" mode. Did miss something somewhere?

pjw73nh said:
I am particularly interested in these two lines:

I find he wording poor, confusing and difficult to understand. Does this mean that even mid flight if throttle stick goes below 10% it will either automatically land, or the motors will stop mid flight?

I can address this because I have done it and I see the correlation... it is poorly worded but this is what it does to me... ( I am flying in NAZA GPS mode BTW )

Just as an example... I am flying at full forward tilt while at about 200ft altitude... at some point I decide to start descending while still at full speed forward so i pull down slightly on the left stick... All goes well... still in full forward speed and altitude is coming down slowly... I want to come down faster while still maintaining forward speed... so I have right stick full forward... and I pull down fully on left stick... BAAM... drone comes to a screeching halt in mid air and just descends even though I'm still pushing forward on the right stick... As soon as I stop pulling the left stick all the way down... WHOOSH... back to full forward tilt and speed again... it's as if a full pull down on the left stick just overrides whatever command is coming from the right stick ... but ... control comes right back when you let up on the left stick... so nothing disastrous... just caught me off guard on day while messing around... tested it several times and always the same... and the phantom doesn't like it much... it's a violent stop in mid air that is a heart stopper to see the first time.. I thought it was gonna do a back flip and fall out of the sky as the blades ripped the air to halt from 30mph to zero :eek:

I know there's a lot more in there that you want answered but this one scenario matches some of the description and shows what happens if left stick is pulled down fully while flying.

Hope that helps somewhat and maybe more comments can sort out the rest of the mess of words :ugeek:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj