naza mode or gps not sure?

Reaction score
im very new to all this so please bare with me. i recently purchased another phantom 2 vision . when i attempted to register the mobile app with my e mail address it stated address already registered. as i looked under the " about " setting i noticed it showed naza 3.12 . does this mean im in naza mode or gps mode . also my phantom will not hover. it mover all around. on screen display keeps jumping from gps to no gps assist. please someone with info. this is very frustrating as im new to this. thanks.

You'll need to use the Phantom Assistant application to switch from Phantom mode to Naza-M mode. Click the "Phantom" button at the top of the app to switch.

Your Phantom will fly in GPS mode by default. If you have less than 6 satellites though, it'll auto switch to non-GPS mode. At that point, you'll be flying without GPS assistance -- which means your Phantom is going to drift. It'll auto switch back to GPS mode as soon as you have 6 satellites again.

Reactions: tommyo
im very new to all this so please bare with me. i recently purchased another phantom 2 vision . when i attempted to register the mobile app with my e mail address it stated address already registered. as i looked under the " about " setting i noticed it showed naza 3.12 . does this mean im in naza mode or gps mode . also my phantom will not hover. it mover all around. on screen display keeps jumping from gps to no gps assist. please someone with info. this is very frustrating as im new to this. thanks.

You'll need to use the Phantom Assistant application to switch from Phantom mode to Naza-M mode. Click the "Phantom" button at the top of the app to switch.

Your Phantom will fly in GPS mode by default. If you have less than 6 satellites though, it'll auto switch to non-GPS mode. At that point, you'll be flying without GPS assistance -- which means your Phantom is going to drift. It'll auto switch back to GPS mode as soon as you have 6 satellites again.
thank you very much for your help. is there away that i can just fly it in factory setting gps mode. my last drone did without any upgrades . my concern is the mobile app is showing naza 3.12 . and im wondering if when i attepted to download the new app for the new drone , it picked up my e mail address from the old app. this was the root of the evil i think ?

If your Phantom is brand new, it's in Phantom mode right now. So, there is no need to change the mode. However, it would be a good idea to hook up to the Phantom Assistant app and update your firmware, calibrate the IMU, and calibrate the remote controller.

The naza version in the DJI Vision app is not telling you that you're in Naza-M mode. It just means you have version 3.12 of the firmware installed.

Reactions: tommyo
thank you very much for your help. is there away that i can just fly it in factory setting gps mode. my last drone did without any upgrades . my concern is the mobile app is showing naza 3.12 . and im wondering if when i attepted to download the new app for the new drone , it picked up my e mail address from the old app. this was the root of the evil i think ?
thanks so much for all your help. dji is lacking in tech support. i will try what you said. you are a big help!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.