Naza Mode and Ground Station

Reaction score
I learned a lesson today.

I was out flying in strong winds, and after spending the first 2 batteries on playing with the wind, I decided to use the third battery to do a Ground Station run.

My plan was to use two large sports ovals, separated by a few 80 ft trees. I set a couple of points at 33 ft, in the oval that I was standing in. Then I set up a climb to 120 ft for it to go over the trees to the second oval. A couple of way-points later I had it set to return to my oval and descend back down to about 40 ft. A couple of more way-points and it would be over the home point. Great plan.

While it was executing, I decided to grab the camera and take some pictures. As my Phantom crossed back over the trees towards me, it abruptly deviated from the plan and looked like it was heading for the first way-point again, thankfully all above tree height. Wide-eyed I watched as it continued to fly away from me.

I put down the camera and grabbed the controller, ready to flick S1 and take back control, which is what I did, but I found it already at 2nd position. Somehow I had knocked the switch out of GPS mode and into Atti mode, which sent my Phantom drifting at speed with the strong wind.

Note to self: Stay with the controls and have someone else take the photos.

It is so easy to knock these switches. I have done that so many times. Another reason not to have S1 ATTI2 set to manual.

Hughie said:
It is so easy to knock these switches. I have done that so many times. Another reason not to have S1 ATTI2 set to manual.
Agreed! I have it set for RTH.

Check if your GS mission was set to continious

Went flying once.. no problems.. landed and changed batteries few mins later (I like to let it cool down a little between batteries)
Barstard wouldn't start up... spent 15 mins diagnosing problem. Was getting angry cause it just worked!!!

Long story short, had it in RTH mode :/

IrishSights said:
How/where do you set that?
I've seen a couple of things in Youtube videos that I don't seem to have access to. Perhaps the iPhone app has more params than my android.

Narrator said:
IrishSights said:
How/where do you set that?
I've seen a couple of things in Youtube videos that I don't seem to have access to. Perhaps the iPhone app has more params than my android.
I'm using the PC version and its one of the mission parameters, default is continuous, alternative is single one way, no idea where it is in your app, sorry.

Whew! Way to keep your head though :)

This is good info... I could see me doing this as I switch between the ipad and the controller.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31