Naza M

Jay

Reaction score
Hi I'm totally new to my dji phantom 2 vision and wanted some advise.I like the feature homelock and course lock but a bit cautious about the naza M mode.Is there a way to get it but without changing the mode ?

No, sorry. You're right to be cautious, but don't worry too much. If you have got some basic flight skills and can more or less judge orientation on your own then you are probably good to switch over - it means you won't have become reliant on Home Lock from day one to get you out of trouble only to get into trouble when the GPS signal drops!

I'd change over and have a gentle play. Don't forget that both switches up = same as you've been used to. Keep practicing your flying and orientation-keeping at distance and you won't become totally reliant on IOC.

This is a more expansive answer than I gave on YouTube... ;)

:D You have to be in naza mode for those features to work. The reason dji warns us about the naza mode, is the atti and manual modes can be accessed and the result can be a crash. I left mine in phantom mode and practiced until I felt ready to experiment with naza. I fly mostly atti now, and only use home lock when I get disorientated. I never have tried manual. Probably the most important feature, return to home, has to be setup in the assistant. Good luck!

I thought it maybe safer to use homelock rather than fail safe in the case that I went out of wifi range and couldn't see it

Also remember that you can take Manual mode off of the S1 switch and replace it with Return to Home. Do that, and there really isn't much to worry about. Like Pull_Up said, both switches up is exactly the same as Phantom mode... and now even if you ACCIDENTLY switch S1 all the way down, you're not in manual.

What about the lights on phantom is it true that they will show different signals to normal mode ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1