Naza-M vs Phantom

Reaction score
With both S1 and S2 switches in the up position in Naza-M mode, is that exactly the same as Phantom mode? Does Naza-M mode just enable the IOC as well as Fail Safe modes?
I tried Naza-M out yesterday. The home lock wasn't as accurate as I expected but kinda worked. Also Fail Safe (S1 in lowest position) did not do anything. Phantom acted same as if S1 was in middle position (ATTI).
I also noticed that in Naza-M ATTI mode (S1 in middle position) that under full forward acceleration that it would lose altitude. Moving let stick up did not do maintain or increase altitude if I was full forward acceleration.

Sorry if this been hashed out (I'm sure it has) but the search won't let you search for NAZA or Phantom so you get no search results back.

-Scott

Home lock depends on the home point being set correctly and it will automatically switch to course lock once inside a 10 meter radius from home point.
Default values in Naza-M for S1 is GPS-Atti/Atti/Atti you need to change it to GPS-Atti/Atti/Failsafe in the Phantom assistant.

sbarton said:
Sorry if this been hashed out (I'm sure it has) but the search won't let you search for NAZA or Phantom so you get no search results back.

-Scott
Hi Scott, your right the search is not great. See this post for much better way to search. viewtopic.php?p=205474#p205474

Sent from Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

sbarton said:
With both S1 and S2 switches in the up position in Naza-M mode, is that exactly the same as Phantom mode? Does Naza-M mode just enable the IOC as well as Fail Safe modes?
I tried Naza-M out yesterday. The home lock wasn't as accurate as I expected but kinda worked. Also Fail Safe (S1 in lowest position) did not do anything. Phantom acted same as if S1 was in middle position (ATTI).
I also noticed that in Naza-M ATTI mode (S1 in middle position) that under full forward acceleration that it would lose altitude. Moving let stick up did not do maintain or increase altitude if I was full forward acceleration.

-Scott

When you said nothing happened with S1 in lowest position tells me you have something wrong. I would go through the process again with setting up the controller. The S1 in lowest position is the same as RTH, and in my opinion the most important switch position. Most do not configure the controller properly mostly from not understanding the how-to instructions.

sbarton said:
With both S1 and S2 switches in the up position in Naza-M mode, is that exactly the same as Phantom mode?

Yes.

sbarton said:
Does Naza-M mode just enable the IOC as well as Fail Safe modes?

Yes for IOC if you check the IOC check box in the assistant.. For fail safe with S1 down, you need to configure your S1 switch that way in the assistant (someone already siad this I think). Additionally you get enhanced rear LED indications which you need to familiarize yourself with if you haven't already.

sbarton said:

You will lose altitude when accelerating/flying in any direction because there is no auto compensation for pitch angle effects on altitude. You must compensate manually for altitude changes of this type.

Hope this helps.

BlackTracer said:
sbarton said:

You will lose altitude when accelerating/flying in any direction because there is no auto compensation for pitch angle effects on altitude. You must compensate manually for altitude changes of this type.

Hope this helps.

Thank you, I did not have FailSafe enabled in assistant. Fixed now, thanks.

Does Phantom ATTI mode also lose altitude? Ie, Does the copter behave the same when S1 is in the middle position (ATTI. mode) for both Phantom and Naza-M modes? Or does copter maintain altitude in Phantim ATTI mode?

-Scott

Atti Mode holds vertical position (altitude) but will not hold horizontal position. It also will drift after you let go of the stick during horizontal movement and requires stick correction in the opposite direction to stop the movement. Plenty of online videos about it (phantom 1 or 2, it doesn't matter)

sbarton said:
BlackTracer said:
sbarton said:

Hope this helps.

Thank you, I did not have FailSafe enabled in assistant. Fixed now, thanks.

Does Phantom ATTI mode also lose altitude? Ie, Does the copter behave the same when S1 is in the middle position (ATTI. mode) for both Phantom and Naza-M modes? Or does copter maintain altitude in Phantim ATTI mode?

-Scott

Phantom mode is gps lock only. It will act like ATTI if the sats drop below 6, but the switches don't change anything unless you enable NAZA and the modes in the Assistant software. The reason for the warning in the software is the fact that you can get manual mode OR fail-safe mode with the S1 switch in position 3. Make sure you pick fail-safe. ATTI mode is about as loose of control as my skill level can handle as the pilot must compensate for the wind, as well as momentum of the bird. :D

Panamon Creel said:
Atti Mode holds vertical position (altitude) but will not hold horizontal position. It also will drift after you let go of the stick during horizontal movement and requires stick correction in the opposite direction to stop the movement. Plenty of online videos about it (phantom 1 or 2, it doesn't matter)

Actually PC, ATTI does not hold vertical position. The phantom P2 is a 6 DOF system(XYZHPR). XYZ is position, HPR is what DJI calls attitude. It is more widely known as orientation. In GPS mode, it holds XYZHPR. In ATTI it holds attitude (orientation) only, or HPR.

BlackTracer said:
Actually PC, ATTI does not hold vertical position. The phantom P2 is a 6 DOF system(XYZHPR). XYZ is position, HPR is what DJI calls attitude. It is more widely known as orientation. In GPS mode, it holds XYZHPR. In ATTI it holds attitude (orientation) only, or HPR.

It also holds altitude besides orientation in Atti

Panamon Creel said:
BlackTracer said:

It also holds altitude besides orientation in Atti
So if you were to experience a downdraft or updraft in atti it would hold altitude? No. We can agree to disagree. Otherwise they would call it ALTI mode.

Panamon Creel said:
We don't have to agree to disagree, I give you something to look at instead: http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/File:A ... uise-1.png
It's for the Ace-One but it's very similar to the Naza-M and you will see that the DJI Atti includes Alti ;)

Ok. I stand corrected. I did not know this bit of information. Ya learn somethin new everyday. Since the altitude is determined by the barometer, I guess this makes perfect sense.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik