Naza M home lock question

Reaction score
I recently switched to NAZA-M but have not figured out home lock.

The S1 bottom location does put it into the RTH mode and I verified that.

S2 when I flip to bottom doesn't seem to do anything different. What I am expecting and maybe wrong is that when I am in that mode I can pull back on the right stick and the aircraft will rotate so the back is towards me and back up to home position. Is that correct?

I tried flying back to home and flipping S2 fives times to reset home and tried again but same results. The aircraft backs up in whatever direction it is currently oriented.

I have the latest firmware as of yesterday on the PV2+

z10m said:
I think you need to enable intelligent orientation control in assistant software

And have aircraft at least 30ft away from you. It takes a few secs to kick in.

THANKS guys. I did not have IOC enabled.

Works as I thought except it flies whatever direction its pointing back. So it its pointing 90 degrees away from the shortest path it flies back sideways.

Love it. Great for filming !

You have to connect to assistant software and when switching from OFF to CL or HL you will see on the screen it highlights blue.
Phanton 1 is a bit different you have to reinstall parameters and make sure the small square box is checked.
While flying and decide to switch to CL ,no mater what orientation the Phantom is with right stick you will pull it back;
IMPORTANT - after you switch to CL or HL you have to wait few seconds and then pull back ; I noticed ,if I would pull immediately the Phantom will fly direction where its back is facing and to correct it I have to switch back to OFF and than to CL and wait .I hope somebody else will confirm it as well

All I have noticed is if you rotate the aircraft AFTER starting your HL the results are not as I would expect either. I have not tested in detail but I would have thought it would continue to come home but it seems to have locked on the angle that home was when you initiated HL and if you rotate it rotates the home path too.

Not sure that made sense but I would like to be able to pull back on right lever and still rotate the aircraft taking pictures as I am on my straight light to home.

You are right ,to get Phantom home you pull the right stick back and keep hight with left one , what ever end is facing you in the moment you switch to CL ,that is your(imaginary) back of the Phantom

Paul K said:
what ever end is facing you in the moment you switch to CL ,that is your(imaginary) back of the Phantom

That is a much better and clearer way to put it. I will remember that if I am trying to splain it to somebody.

Imaginary back is perfect. Thanks Paul.

There are some good videos on YouTube graphically explaining the difference between HL an CL and more.

I found a good one on HL where they flew two drones (phantom on bottom). Was great. I will look for a CL video as I don't see a use for it.

After understanding course lock its quite useful and beyond easy to fly if keep the Phantom in one direction.

Course lock is very useful. For example, imagine this (but don't actually do it). Imaging flying along a road and passing an interesting building that you want to keep your eye on. Bit like turning your head to look at a nice pair of legs while you're driving the car. Course lock allows the aircraft to do this. Fly along the line of the road and use yaw to turn the nose of the craft to keep the interesting building in shot while the craft continues along the road.

Simples.

happydays said:
Course lock is very useful. For example, imagine this (but don't actually do it). Imaging flying along a road and passing an interesting building that you want to keep your eye on. Bit like turning your head to look at a nice pair of legs while you're driving the car. Course lock allows the aircraft to do this. Fly along the line of the road and use yaw to turn the nose of the craft to keep the interesting building in shot while the craft continues along the road.

Simples.
I agree. But I have read online that no one can see a use for it and I had pretty much started down that path myself until I figured it out.

rrmccabe said:
happydays said:

Simples.
I agree. But I have read online that no one can see a use for it and I had pretty much started down that path myself until I figured it out.

Another scenario - lets say your flying along a coast and want coast line in the shot continously. Instead of flying sideways the entire length, you fly to starting point, aim front of Phantom towards target, (IE:coastline) set in CL then with right stick just fly it like you would forward. Phantom will stay aimed and literally is flying sideways but with normal input.

IOC is awesome.

Here's a tip that will make it more enjoyable.

Left toggle / SW2 in NAZA M mode:
1 = IOC off = TOP position
2 = Course Lock = MID position
3 = Home Lock = BOTTOM position

You can change the direction of the course lock in mid flight by flicking position 1 to 2 x 5. It will flash green to confirm. Where ever the nose is pointing will now be the new direction for fwd on the right stick.

You can also change the home lock in mid flight flicking position 2 to 3 x 5. It will flash green to confirm.

Thanks Mako, I have been doing that. Nice to be able to switch your "grid" by rotating the bird in flight and doing the 5 toggle thing.

One the the best NAZA-M descriptions online mentions that they cant see a use for C-LOCK.

They obviously haven't figured it out yet :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20