NAZA & Futaba for Retractable Landing Gear (RETRAX brand)

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I've recently purchased a fully equipped Phantom 2, including 3D-H3 Zenmuse, IOSD, FPV transmitter and a Hero3. It flies and operates perfectly but I wanted to get the possibility of viewing the left landing gear out of any video, so I've physically installed the RETRAX retractable landing gear but have no clue as to where the single 3 lead connection inserts in the NAZA and have no clue as to which switch (or how to program that switch) on the Futaba 14SG.
If anyone has installed retractable landing gear and is reading this, it's you who may be able to guide me, please?
Thank you, either way.

Re: NAZA & Futaba for Retractable Landing Gear (RETRAX brand

What did you do with the compass that was on the existing leg?

Have you replaced the receiver in the P2 - it won't work with the stock receiver as there are no free radio control channels.

Edit: These work with the stock radio and receiver... :-D

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=As6Ixk3HCnQ[/youtube]

UPDATE: You are 100% correct....DSLRPros shipped the Futaba R6208SB Receiver but had not installed it. Go figure.
I just installed it and now need to change the MODE and then use any channel but 8 for the RETRAX system.
Now I need to get on YouiTube to see how to bind and then set up the additional channel in the Futaba 14SG. THANK YOU ALL!!!

I repositioned the GPS Compass and Cam Port to stationary vertical posts, maintaining their original orientation and recalibrated, so no concern there.
Stock Receiver was upgraded by DSLRPros and works fluidly with the Futaba 14SG Transmitter. ( 2.4Ghz.)
There are at least two vacant channels available, per DSLRPros but they will not discuss connecting or interfacing 3rd party merchandise.

Pretty sure you'll need an S.Bus splitter and an S.Bus to PWM decoder.

Yes, both are installed. :) Just trying to figure how to program the transmitter.

Those are the ones for $250. WAY overpriced! For much less money, there are equal quality retracts available for your original stock receiver. Please shop around, my friend. $250 is 3 times too much to pay. You can also find ones that are removable, for placing in the travel case.

Phantom24U said:
Those are the ones for $250. WAY overpriced! For much less money, there are equal quality retracts available for your original stock receiver. Please shop around, my friend. $250 is 3 times too much to pay. You can also find ones that are removable, for placing in the travel case.

Are you sure P24?

This is the only vendor I've seen (to date mind you ;) ) that includes an S-bus interface.
That interface is absolutely necessary for use with the Tx's S1 switch and OEM Receiver.

Ahhhhhh......You are correct. Just call me Grasshopper........yes, the S-Bus is included and needed for the orig Phantom transmitter. Now that does constitute a big difference. Looking deeper though, the flick swith two times for up and three times for down would be a deal breaker for me. Must be some other way to have retracts on a Phantom orig receiver and transmitter? I'm sure the RETRAX "could" be purchased with an S-Bus at a much lower price. Why not contact them? You could through their YouTube videos. I'm still looking for info on how to program a channel (specifically channel 8) on my Futaba 8FG transmitter. That's the channel I've connected my RETRAX to. Woe is me!!!!

The interface seems to be more than just an S-bus adapter.

The proper channel must be monitored (X1 I think, not sure) then the toggle switch sequences/logic you mentioned must be programmed into something (microcontroller) and then converted to the proper output.

I could guess it's PWM if the leg actuators are standard servos. Never seen or held the gear.

Just call me Grasshopper....................you're correct. Please contact the RETRAX people through one of their YouTube videos. I'm sure they have available a version for the Phantom with orig transmitter and receiver at a much lower price than $250. RETRAX are a much better landing gear and they are snap on - snap off, for transporting your Phantom in a carrying case.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20