Naza Firmware v4.02

Reaction score
NAZAM Assistant is reporting a new firmware update to correct the Flight Limits issue. The message states that Assistant 2.20 is needed. This can be downloaded from here:

http://download.dji-innovations.com/dow ... taller.exe

Note the new description of how the Flight Limits work. Max Height works in GPS/ATTI modes, but Max Radius only works in GPS mode. This is different to v4.0. So if you fly ATTI you have no Max Radius limiter, but if you fly out of the set limit and switch to GPS mode your Phantom will fly back within the limit.

Who is going to try this first? :)

Thanks for the heads up, I will give it a try tomorrow if its not raining or blowing a gale.

I have updated to firmware 4.02 via the Assistant v2.20 software and all seemed to install correctly, but it's raining here as well so will have to wait to test!

Today I downloaded assistant 2.20 and firmware 4.02 to my Naza M V1. After complete setup, ensuring the gains were as previously, re-doing the calibrations, advanced and compass, I went and flew my DJI 550.

Flight was rock solid. Both distance and height limits worked flawlessly in GPS/Atti mode, note distance limits must be in GPS/Atti mode, height limit works in both GPS/Atti and plain Atti.

Takeoff was a little different. Started motors and advanced throttle. At less than 50% motors continue to idle as start speed. Once 50% is reached they speed up and a smooth liftoff takes place. If you advance the throttle from startup to full throttle, you still get a smooth, even liftoff, it does not jump up like with prior software. Once it is fully in the air advancing the throttle gets instant and rapid vertical acceleration.

In GPS/Atti mode the new software is noticeably more stable. This is especially noted during descent through the downwash. It does seem to take a few moments longer to startup and initialize, and the flashing light codes are a little different from what
I am use too. I was not able to download a V4.02 manual to learn just what the new blinks are.

After 3 flights of between 9 and 10 minutes I am very pleased.

Torry

Hi Torry,
Many thanks for your assessment of 4.02, I am sure it will give us all confidence to upgrade.

Well done for going bravely where angels fear to tread :D :lol:

J

I installed assistant 2.20 successfully, when I click on the upgrade tab it shows me I have version 4.0 with no upgrades available. I tried this on 2 Phantoms. Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong? What is the login screen that pops up if I click on upgrades.

I should add that I have upgraded to 3.16 and 4.0 previously.

OK so I actually followed thru on the "Login In " thing and I was able to upgrade to the new version! Go figure as I was able to do upgrade previously without logging in. No one here was able to tell me this?? Any way I upgraded and all is good.

Jim

i just updated my firmware V4.02

i like it very much. the GPS position hold mode is rock solid.even the strong wind cant beat my phantom. when i say stay,he stays there like a police dog and wait for my command.lol

I did some test flights on it the other day no issues, I dont use the limits feature so didnt try that but flew it to about 2km with no issues.

martcerv said:
I did some test flights on it the other day no issues, I dont use the limits feature so didnt try that but flew it to about 2km with no issues.

Seems like if you mostly fly in ATTI or Manual, the new limits setup gives you a useful failsafe / return home (by switching to GPS) and still lets you set Manual on the switch.

****. With all these glowing reports I may have to brave it and do the update.

PF

mroberts said:
martcerv said:

Seems like if you mostly fly in ATTI or Manual, the new limits setup gives you a useful failsafe / return home (by switching to GPS) and still lets you set Manual on the switch.

Using the futaba I have failsafe on a seperate switch which lets me have access to manual and rth.

Though I try to fly only as far as I get a good video signal which is kind of why I do range tests to see how far I can go safely and fly myself back.

I set limits safe alti limits but leave distance out of my range at 3km as a last resort.

It did seem to fly slower and use more battery then expected first flights but it may have just been windier higher then how calm it felt on the ground.

PhantomFan said:

PF
I'm starting to get tempted too. Just waiting to hear if there continues to be reports of early low battery warnings

discv said:
PhantomFan said:

PF
I'm starting to get tempted too. Just waiting to hear if there continues to be reports of early low battery warnings

I still did get 8 1/2 min total flight on my 1200g setup flying 2km and back from me but not a direct route was still not at first level when I got back but my voltage did drop more then expected early on in the flight. Maybe I need to do a battery callibration but start voltage was at 12.6v so it should have been fine and landed with 11.2v with no load on a 2700mah battery. Under load it was down below 11v very early on as I got to 2km away lol and got me a bit worried about not making it back as I have done similar flights in the past with less voltage drop that early into a flight.

There may have been more wind then I felt as my speed was also quite low out but easily doing 20m/s back but I slowed it to make sure I got back as the low voltage after about 2 min seemed odd. It has been crappy weather since and inonly did one short quick test flight and the longer one so far on the new firmware.

The big advantage of the osd is you see whats going on with the battery and quite possibly had i gone out and back at full speed under load I may have hit 2nd level battery quite early. Backing off the pitch angle got the voltage up and I did some low slow flying around me for a few minutes after coming back from the longer range flight.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj