Nanuk 945 & 950 DJI Phantom 4

Reaction score
The Nanuk Cases will be out for the Phantom 4 in 2-3 weeks. They are taking pre-orders. $199.99 Free shipping for Nanuk DJI4 945 and $229.99 Free shipping for Nanuk DJI4 950.
945_DJI_P4_OPEN_ANGLE_DRONE_ON_TOP_ORANGE (2).jpg
945_DJI_P4_TOP_FULL.jpg

Who's taking pre-orders and are there specs on the cases somewhere or is it the same cases just different foam?

Maybe going to try them out instead of goprofessional. It's 1 inch smaller :). But only if they free ship to hawaii.. Doubt it.

It is the same case as the Phantom 3 case just different foam inserts. Below is the email I received from Vicky at Plasticase.

Thank you, for the interest that you have in our products. My name is Vicky, and I will be your account manager at Plasticase.
As a matter of fact, we are launching our new Nanuk 945 & 950 DJI4 Case in 2-3 weeks. Refer to the attached images , for new 945 case layout . It will be similar to the Nanuk 950.

We are taking pre-orders. $199.99 Free shipping for Nanuk DJI4 945 and $229.99 Free shipping for Nanuk DJI4 950
Please contact us if you would like to proceed.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Kind Regards,
Vicky Tseles | Account Manager|Directrices de Compte | [email protected]
plasticase inc.| T 450.628.1006 ext 264_ 1.800.783.6883F 1.888.783.6883 |514.348.0539www.plasticase.com

My P4 fits fine in my Nanuk. Battery slots are only problem. But I can cut them out a bit myself. Or I can put 4 batteries in the bigger slots by the hinges.

It is the same case as the Phantom 3 case just different foam inserts. Below is the email I received from Vicky at Plasticase.

Thank you, for the interest that you have in our products. My name is Vicky, and I will be your account manager at Plasticase.
As a matter of fact, we are launching our new Nanuk 945 & 950 DJI4 Case in 2-3 weeks. Refer to the attached images , for new 945 case layout . It will be similar to the Nanuk 950.

We are taking pre-orders. $199.99 Free shipping for Nanuk DJI4 945 and $229.99 Free shipping for Nanuk DJI4 950
Please contact us if you would like to proceed.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Kind Regards,
Vicky Tseles | Account Manager|Directrices de Compte | [email protected]
plasticase inc.| T 450.628.1006 ext 264_ 1.800.783.6883F 1.888.783.6883 |514.348.0539www.plasticase.com

Can you post the images?

The images are the ones in the 1st post.

Doh sorry.

No Bueno on that foam design. The only reason I bought the current P3 case was because I could fit the controller with the DBS Itelite antenna on it in the case, standing up. It doesn't look like that will be possible with that new foam design for the controller cutout.

Then again that looks like pictures of a 945, you have any of the 950?

I was only sent the pictures of the 945 case. You might be able to request pics of the 950.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Doh sorry.

No Bueno on that foam design. The only reason I bought the current P3 case was because I could fit the controller with the DBS Itelite antenna on it in the case, standing up. It doesn't look like that will be possible with that new foam design for the controller cutout.

Then again that looks like pictures of a 945, you have any of the 950?
i have the nanuk 950 with itelite antenna it will fit in case with antenna on.this case is 11 inches deep which i bought becoz i use the taller landing gear and 10 inch ipad...

Is it for airline hand carry on?

The 945 exterior dims are L25.1" x W19.9" x H8.8" so no, it is not carry on approved.

I'm pretty sure they state on their website that it's too big.

I just received one today. It's very nice. Here are some initial thoughts without all the technical specs which you can easily find online...

1) It's laid out very well. Plenty of space in between pockets to offer adequate protection as well as enough room to add your own custom slots for small items. If you are not going to use all 4 battery slots, they are great for holding small accessories.

2) The case material appears to be very resilient although a little less rigid than a Pelican. What this actually equates to in the real world, I don't know.

3) The tablet slots does need to be wider. Currently it only accommodates up to an iPad Mini. I'll need to make modifications in order for my iPad Pro to fit. I do have concerns however that the tablet is too wide and may stick up a bit too far.

4) The 945 is not a very deep case so the landing gears of the Phantom do sit against the bottom of the shell, not on foam. I suspect this is the same with many brands that offer cases that are not very deep.

5) Uncertain how well controller accessories such as range extenders will fit without additional modifications to the insert but if you are using the stock controller, it is perfect.

6) Overall for my use, it's more than adequate storage for all the accessories I have... extra propellers, 3 batteries, @PolarPro filters and a small cache of SD cards and USB adapters.

So while I will admit that it does have a couple of shortcomings, it is not a monster-sized case. With that in mind, I give it 4 out of 5 stars.

20160614_233852.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: PolarPro and ftttu
Very nice case !!

Reactions: Chopstix Kid

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members