Nano QX won't get off the ground!

Reaction score
i am experienced if not a very good pilot. I have several quads. Largest is a P4. But I have problems with my Nano QX. I have learned that none of the motors will go faster than one that is bad o failing. When my problems not getting off the ground started. I determined which motor was bad and replaced it. Still could not get off the ground. So I replaced the other three motors. Still does not get off the ground. Could one or more of the new motors be bad?

It was not a snap to replace the motors. Of course, first remove the prop. If you are removing more thsn one, be careful that the pitch matches th rotation. Since the props stay on the shafts for flying. Best use a too to avoid damaging the prop. Next disconnect the motor from the controller. This is a problem. The connectors are very small burned in the frame. Do not pull on the wires. They will depart the connector! Again, some kind of a tool is needed to pry the male connector out. Then remove the motor. Push it out with a tool. Remove the motor with wires attached from the top, shaft side.

The biggest problem is seating and connecting the new motor. Insert the wires into the motor holder. Pull through gently. If you pull too hard, the wires will detach from the motor

Are the propellers mounted correctly ? I have a feeling its pushing itself down instead of rising up.

I believe so, but I will check. One proof is that when I bank forward to to one side, the other side lifts slightly. I suppose is could be one side pulling doe, but I doubt it. Also the propeller curvature is in the right direction, convex down.

I believe so, but I will check. One proof is that when I bank forward to to one side, the other side lifts slightly. I suppose is could be one side pulling doe, but I doubt it. Also the propeller curvature is in the right direction, convex down.

If it's not that hard you could try changing them. Since you worked with motors it could be something wrong but at that size of the quad copter you can keep in your hand and start it and see the airflow ... use some papers sheets to test it.

Something like this:

I wouldn't recommend it but you can try a trow take off with it but I doubt it will fly and it will break into pieces. Something could be wrong on the software/hardware side ? Do you have a reset function for it ? (factory defaults hard reset not sure what does little birds have).

Is there a posibility you've damaged some wires/internal components ? Is the RPM of the motors enough for take off ? since you've seen it fly you can aproximate.

I will search myself on Google maybe we find something about it !

It is possible that I might have damaged something on the controller board while installing the motors, but the drone responds to commands very weakly. The installation is not meant for fat, old fingers. One connector was smack up against a piece of structure. Very hard to get out and harder to get back in. Are there purpose designed tools for this. I purchased another nano, since it was cheaper than replacing all of the essential pieces. But this could happen again, I am afraid.

It is possible that I might have damaged something on the controller board while installing the motors, but the drone responds to commands very weakly. The installation is not meant for fat, old fingers. One connector was smack up against a piece of structure. Very hard to get out and harder to get back in. Are there purpose designed tools for this. I purchased another nano, since it was cheaper than replacing all of the essential pieces. But this could happen again, I am afraid.

Sorry to hear that. Are you using it for indoor flights when weather is bad outside to fly your Phantom ? I have as a backup a Parrot ArDrone 2.0 and I can fly it inside for fun but its quite big ...

Could you check the power connection between battery and drone ? I've seen something on web that those conectors are prone to breaking.

An insufficient current might give you those weak responses but I think wires and connectors should get warm since its an imperfect contact. Anyone please correct me here if I'm wrong :)

Also you could try use some contact cleaner for electronics on them.

I checked everything, and indeed two of the props were blowing up instead of down. Now they all blow down, but the copter spins around its axis when it lifts off. I suppose that I have to swap props in some way now.

now the problem is that motors aren't arranged in the correct position :D

Close_-_Wires_large.png

Blade_Orientation_large.png

Hope this helps :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik