Nano Drone turns into Phantom 4

Reaction score
Back in January I had a minor issue with an order for a "nano drone" quadcopter from Amazon, after contacting their customer service they were really nice and gave me a $5 courtesy credit and Free Next day shipping + 20% off of my next order.

I was in the market for a P3P and thankfully I'm a fan of forums and came here and find out the possible Phantom 4 was coming. so I waited.
I would not have gone with the Phantom 4 originally, but thanks to the little nano drone, I couldn't resist! :)

After some hesitation from customer service today, it led to this..

8a35cc9695974445b428bb335e841e45.jpg

After $123 in gift cards I got from my work, I paid $995.20 for the Phantom 4!! I couldn't be happier!

I also got 2x 64GB U3 Micro SD cards, extra battery, and a GorillaPod for my Lady's DSLR. all at 20% off. wanted a backpack too but none were really available.

Despite the negative things I've read about the P4, I'm still super excited to get it and I look forward to contributing to the forum over time!

Thank you little nano drone that ended up sucking, you the real MVP.

heard it has range issues and drops when hovering

what about it gets worst range than p3p have you noticed

I hear all kinds of things but only comment on what I've experienced first hand, so far my P4 is solid. Enjoy your new bird when you get it, it's a great hobby!

have you tested range compared to p3p to see which goes farther seen a lot on this subject just wondering if it is true

have you tested range compared to p3p to see which goes farther seen a lot on this subject just wondering if it is true
It's absolutely true. P4 has a crippled Lightbridge. Max distance is a mile with a windsurfer in rural areas, away from wifi interference. P3P will go well over 2mi with the same windsurfer flying the same route.

You'll find yourself wanting to go at least 8000 ft all the time, and having the ability to go 15000 is good insurance for a solid video feed, but P4 falls way short, sorry to say. My P4 is awesome otherwise, but the 15,000'+ distance of the old lightbridge is that sets you free. Something is wrong, I'm not sure how much I'll fly this P4, since I still have my P3P. I hope DJI can fix the P4 with firmware somehow.

Last edited:
one more question have you used a standard compared to a pro or advance

Do you own a P4? Do you own a P3P? Do you own anything other than a P3S?....

have a modded p3a coming in 2 days but thinking about buying a p4 also

So you have nothing other than a P3S but you are a self appointed expert on them all...alrighty then.

no trying to find out is range not as good as p3 where is alberta az bye

Standard uses Wi-Fi which is what other manufactures use, limited to a Mike or so with whatever.

I just realized I saw my friends Phantom Standard fly a mile with a windsurfer, the same distance my P4 started to have video drops, from the same match site over rural area in the hills.

That's sad, my P4 has the distance of a P3S. Holy smokes.

I get a mile real easy over the water with mine heard litebridge is total awesome

guess will wait to see if dji fixes range issue before I go buy p4

Enjoy your P4 KidKobe, it's a great hobby and I'm sure you'll enjoy the P4!

Reactions: KidKobe210
where is alberta az at I lived in phoenix for 35 years never heard of that place

I have a home in Arizona and also a home in Alberta...they're not one in the same. Right now I'm chilling in Moab.

cool bet you stay away from az in summer cause of the heat which we used to call hell

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav