Name of a good Repair Shop?

Reaction score
So I have replaced everything I can think of replacing that would be causing the Quad to shake or jitter when there is no wind. It is a perfectly still night and when it hovers even close to the ground the Quad is asking like its a very windy day.

So I guess my next step would be sending it in somewhere to have a pro look at it. I know Dronfly offers a $99 Repair service. I saw one a few months ago that was $50, but I cant find it anymore.

Any suggestions?

Why don't you let us try to help you solve it yourself? First off what model Phantom? What options? Has it crashed lately? What shape are the props in? The more details you can provide, the better folks here on forum can possibly help you.

Already tried once int he forums here. But here is the info. Its a Vision 2. Not sure what options. 2 hard crashes, props are new and balanced (balancing was the first suggestion last time and did not help)

When it is flying around it does not seem to bad, but when it hovers it has a jitter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzLWSNmVqa4

That is a link to the video a did a few months ago. Since then I have replaced motors and still does it. Some days worst then others. Today it was real bad and there was no wind at all. a picture perfect day.

Side Note: I am from Minnesota, but live in VA now. Saw you lived in MN, so thought I would add that lol

Did you re calibrate the IMU? Reset the gains? Kinda looks like gains are set too high. Otherwise, I would suspect the NAZA module. Since that's expensive at $230.00, I would try to eliminate everything else first.

Geo

I know I did some resetting or calibrating when it first happened. What is the walk thro on re calibrating the IMU and resetting the gains?

The NAZA module... is that the GPS stuff? I know I figured that might be it after replacing the moters. But I am really hoping its not.

So I did the basic calibration and reset the gains, but the gains kept going back to the previous settings.

I took it out side and it still does it. When I fly it up or any direction it has very little jitter, but when it hovers its very noticeable.

Try this - Go into assistant software -> tools - reset default settings. Then do advanced IMU calibration, then do compass calibration (compass dance)

Here is another problem. I cant get it to do a compass calabration. I flip the switch 20 times fast, then 20 slower, then 20 slower, then back to fast. Its very hard to get it in that mode. Very rarly successful

You could be having a bad S1. It could even be intermittently switching between GPS and ATTI. That could explain the jittering

Geo

So this is intresting.

I went out to do a flight to video tape what it was doing. Battery was low so I swapped for a new one and it virtualy went away. I mean there was still a little shake, but there was also some wind today.

Could a Battery cause issues?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.