My Vison is not a Vision

Reaction score
DOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH why you little......Since flight 1 I have had nothing but a black screen on my droid mini or dell tablet...... Ive tried shutting the app and re opening while in use, tried all of the preview resalutions, Updated everything still no video feed. However, Pictures and Videos do store on the SD card.

Should I try to send this back wait it out what to do please help????????

I almost think it has to be a Hardware issue if it was software wouldn't everyone have this problem??????

Do the majority of people have this problem or just a few

Thanks

I am on a Samsung s4. I did have trouble connecting to the wifi, but coincidently the next day there was a system update to my S4 and it connected without issue. As far as video/picture issues mine works perfectly... no issues. My son's Iphone works perfectly as well. It sounds like it is a unit issue. I'd send it back.

jelloitsalive said:
DOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH why you little......Since flight 1 I have had nothing but a black screen on my droid mini or dell tablet...... Ive tried shutting the app and re opening while in use, tried all of the preview resalutions, Updated everything still no video feed. However, Pictures and Videos do store on the SD card.

I almost think it has to be a Hardware issue if it was software wouldn't everyone have this problem??????

Thanks
There are many reports of black screens......but they are clearly not the majority, but I believe it is one of the more common failure modes.

There seems to be various versions. Some have intermittent problems connecting. Some like you and I have the problem all the time. I believe we have hardware problems and I have asked for a replacement.

RedRyderMedia said:
jelloitsalive said:

Thanks
There are many reports of black screens......but they are clearly not the majority, but I believe it is one of the more common failure modes.

There seems to be various versions. Some have intermittent problems connecting. Some like you and I have the problem all the time. I believe we have hardware problems and I have asked for a replacement.

Thanks I will try to send it back I bought it from ushobby.com did you contact dji or your supplier
Thanks again

Mine arrived today. No first person view at all. Telemetry works and camera records to micro SD card fine( got some extremely smooth video of me looking baffled and scratching my head over no fpv view). I can adjust camera angle. After reviewing every thread I could find (and trying all the remedies) I think this is a mobile app issue. There were also issues that popped up w/ the p2v with the latest update of the mobile app- I have read mostly iOS issues but a few android reports too.
Unfortunately the Firmware updated about the same time, so it's possible a roll back might temporarily fix the issue until the mobile app is amended.
Second guess would be loose connection as Dirty Bird suggested, either at the gimbal or internally.
Can I suggest someone start a clearly worded title thread about this issue and hotlink all the other threads about the same issue back to it?
I would agree with Redrydermedia's suggestion that those who are having an issue at least email DJI and let them know there is an issue with a significant number of end users.
After seeing the work-arounds the forum gurus have come up with for the p2v and DJI's updates on their end I am sure we will get this resolved.

I have the same issues. Mine worked at first then got progressively worse after the next few flights to now not showing any video at all. I have the same symptoms, no video feed but telemetry data and camera controls work fine as do recording to sd card. I have tried older versions of the app, tried using my tablet, tried turning on airplane mode then turning on WiFi. Nothing worked. I also believe its a hardware issue. My Phantom also has the gimbal shake issue so dunno if that has anything to do with this or not. I have not tried the iOS app yet as I don't have any apple products.

Jayson Hanes said:
is there still a blank screen when you reduce the preview resolution to 320x240 or 640x480 @ 15FPS instead of the default 30fps?

Yes I just called us hobby they said it is a app issue im not sure I belive them

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4