My videos play super choppy...

Reaction score
After transferring my video files to my laptop, none of my video players will play them without constant skipping and distortion. What is going on? I originally tried to play files with VLC, but that resulted in the above problems. I then tried Mindows Media Player, and that worked great, for a while. I try to use it today and now it's got the same issues VLC had. Choppy, stuttering, distorted video. However, when I play the same exact video file in Filmora editor, it seems to play just fine. Any suggestions? Thanks!

The format you're recording in is probably too much for the equipment your viewing it on. As an example, if I record in 4k and transfer to my (few years old) MacBook Pro, the video will be super choppy and not flow. However, when I record in 1080 then transfer, the video is smooth and flawless. Maybe adjust your format to match what your primary comp will handle.

The format you're recording in is probably too much for the equipment your viewing it on. As an example, if I record in 4k and transfer to my (few years old) MacBook Pro, the video will be super choppy and not flow. However, when I record in 1080 then transfer, the video is smooth and flawless. Maybe adjust your format to match what your primary comp will handle.
Here are my laptop specs:

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.6GHz
Memory: 12GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M

I get that problem with 1080p
I think it has to do with the graphics card.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app
My graphics card should be able to handle it no problem. Like I said above, I was able to run captured footage just fine using WMP for a while. Suddenly, today, it's just as bad as playing with VLC. I have a GeForce GTX 970m.

Had the same problem. I was recording in 4k. Switched to 1080 and problem solved. 4k is a humongous file.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I don't think basic video viewing software is meant for 4K. I had the same problems and even running a beefy graphics card had the same issue. If I dumb it down it runs fine.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj