My video is all pixelated

Reaction score
The video is all distorted, any ideas on what I need to do?
de22945601293659b71400a67fcf95a2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935T using PhantomPilots mobile app

Try taking it outside to see if there are not inteference issues inside the house. Alternatively, shut down any apps running in the background that may be affecting the go app and lastly maybe try another cable to your device.

Known issue with Android and RC firmware V1.8.xx roll back your RC to 1.6xx or....... use Litchi.

I cant believe this is still a thing DJI....

Update.. Tried a new dji 4 install & different tablet & cable, same results. Can one try Litchi without buying it first?

Pretty sure there is no demo version for litchi, you need to buy it. Does the drone fly at all and can you operate it normally? If you can open the app, hit the three dots in the top right hand corner and look for the 'about' section to see what firmware you are running with everything powered up. The latest version is 1.02.06 for the drone, 1.8.0 for the controller.If it flies ok it may not be a firmware issue, but a settings issue with your camera. Try lowering the bit rate in the HD area whilst you are in the app settings to 4 Mbps and switch your channel setting to custom and find an interference free channel. I use channel 20 as an example. Trying to think of simple ideas before you start rolling back the firmware.

Update.. Tried a new dji 4 install & different tablet & cable, same results. Can one try Litchi without buying it first?

I am pretty sure Litchi will refund you if you choose to uninstall within 24hrs of purchase, have a look at that.

If you still want to roll back software let me know and I will talk you through it.

I am pretty sure Litchi will refund you if you choose to uninstall within 24hrs of purchase, have a look at that.

If you still want to roll back software let me know and I will talk you through it.
Funny... because I have the exact opposite problem. With DJI I get a perfect undistorted screen, while with Litchi it looks just like what you showed.

In DJI GO 4 App opening screen press on the 3 lines in the top right hand corner for 3 seconds and a drop down box will appear. Make sure your RC is connected to your device and aircraft.

It is the RC firmware that you want to roll back.

Ha that's odd. It is taking dji long enough to answer my request for help. Can you please let me know how to roll back the dji firmware?

Just curious to know why you want to roll back the firmware when you stated that it flies and records just fine. Not sure if you have checked the camera settings on the app as I suggested earlier, shut down any other apps that maybe running in the background, try an apple device or even the cable you are currently using to connect, to see if there is a difference.

Tevek,
In my case the interference was so bad I could not frame a shot sometimes.

Not much use having a camera viewfinder that you cant see through ☺

Tevek,
In my case the interference was so bad I could not frame a shot sometimes.

Not much use having a camera viewfinder that you cant see through ☺
Yes I understand that, but my query was relating to the other things that could be checked before rolling back the firmware. I had a similar problem with an old iPhone 5S that was presenting problems similar to the OP. I found a channel that was interference free, and adjusted the recording bitrate down to 4Mbps. Problem went away. Turned out that my area as sitting on channel 16 where my device was also trying to operate. If the drone was acting in the same manner as the device image, maybe try a firmware rollback, but this doesn't seem to be the case. Just throwing stuff out there.....

I believe I have followed all of your suggestions. I really appreciate your suggestions and will review and try them again and report my progress. BTW the distortion is so bad the screen is useless.

Is it possible to borrow a suitable apple device from someone, download the app and try it? That will narrow it down somewhat.

If it's only pixilated on your viewing screen and not your recording, then update your SD card if you haven't.. I had the exact problem running the stock SD card that came with the drone. Got the Samsung 64gb Pro micro SD card, buy them anywhere 40 to 60 dollars. 90mbs speed minimum. If it's pixing on your recording might be card or something else. I run both dji 4.0 and litchi. Use dji to troubleshoot problems and fly using litchi. I have had zero issues with litchi on my Android shield.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj