My sunshade arrived today, I'm very impressed!

Reaction score
I found it on eBay, sellers name is archmedianet.
It's 3D printed and there are others available for various tablets.
My tablet is a Samsung galaxy tab 4, the sunshade originally comes with a second piece (adapter) to fit the standards OEM device holder. As you can see, I have modified my RC with a center mount and a square jellyfish tablet holder. I asked the seller if I could purchase the sunshade only as I did not need the adapter, he agreed and I got it for a lesser price.
I had to use a Dremel tool to widen the opening a few millimeters to fit my tablet holder.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1456187995.766012.jpg

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1456188027.086679.jpg

I found it on eBay, sellers name is archmedianet.
It's 3D printed and there are others available for various tablets.
My tablet is a Samsung galaxy tab 4, the sunshade originally comes with a second piece (adapter) to fit the standards OEM device holder. As you can see, I have modified my RC with a center mount and a square jellyfish tablet holder. I asked the seller if I could purchase the sunshade only as I did not need the adapter, he agreed and I got it for a lesser price.
I had to use a Dremel tool to widen the opening a few millimeters to fit my tablet holder.
View attachment 44714
View attachment 44715
Have you tried it outside in the sun? I'm concerned that it might not be deep enough.

Have you tried it outside in the sun? I'm concerned that it might not be deep enough.
No, not yet. It's almost 4 inches deep, it should work.
I'm waiting on an anti glare screen, that will make big improvement with the shade.

No, not yet. It's almost 4 inches deep, it should work.
I'm waiting on an anti glare screen, that will make big improvement with the shade.

The deeper they are the more difficult it is to touch your screen (4" is the max depth i would go). Sometimes I wonder if it's better to place anti reflective glare on your tablet or phone and not use a sun shade at all.

I have a sunshade for my phone (4" deep). It seems to work well but sometimes it does get in my way if I'm touching the screen often.

Last edited:
Pretty sure I got one from the same guy but I went with white for my Iphone 6 plus. Love it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic