My removable prop guards

Reaction score
Hi guys, i just received my prop guard clips for easy install and removal of prop guards, first let me tell you the good, they work perfectly, easy on, easy off, plus now the guards sit a little lower so the props will never accidentally touch the guard, now the bad, they are pricey, 40 dlls shipped for 4 pieces of plastic and 8 small screws, second they are not well made, meaning they way they are milled or cut left rough edges or sides on the plastic, third, take it easy when installing screws to guards, do not overtighten or you might strip the plastic, here are some photos of parts and after install

8ybe8u4y.jpg

sumuduge.jpg

Sana

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Flying Cephlopod said:
That's an insane price!

Why would they be so expensive?

Because nobody else makes something similar to this, as far as i know, these are the only ones i could find to make easy removal of guards, btw, now my phantom fits inside my case, woo hoo

Sana

Another bad point about them is that if they get to 120 degress farenheit they might warp, why you ask?, because they state that they where made using a 3D printer, lol, man, now i dont want them to close to the motors, lol

Sana

npalen said:
http://www.atlantahobby.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=18427&idcategory=
Are these from a different manufacturer?

Nope, those are exactly what i ordered, pricey, but what's 40 dlls on a 1300 dlls heli, lol

Sana

TEHO.

Short of industrial equipment, such as Sratasys, 3D printing is generally fragile. Even high-end equipment is NOT intended for production manufacturing.

Of course there are continual advances and possible exceptions, but you can't make money or durable items affordably by prining them as compared to other plastic manufacturing technologies.

I got a set of these and regretted it. GREAT idea and I had high hopes, but when I went to but them on I realized they lower the guards at least an inch. This reduces their ability to protect and being lower will interfere with the camera shot (already a minor issue with the guards when the camera is pointed straight out). How well does the 3m product work??

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.