My remote controller phone holder

Reaction score
Here is my makeshift phone holder for my remote controller. Much more sturdy than the original plastic one that came in the box.

It's go pro style camera accessories. No drilling holes. It uses 3M CURVED adhesive. Make sure if you buy it, it is the curved adhesive. Very stable. The phone holder is a super tight fit with my Note 5. Don't recommend using a phone bigger than that. Lol. Buying a tablet holder next.

30afb3b6ff9b0bbcbdb44b6df8664bf8.jpg

e349f9e35b9fa53066533a705932dd57.jpg
7b0e9551c3167b250f8115cb2035b18b.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Matts175
Sweet. It has always bothered me that the OEM holder is loose no matter what you do. If you are trying to accurately poke a tiny 5 or 6 inch screen with 7 inch hands it is tricky. Have you cooked up a design for a sunshade too Mr. Clever?

Sweet. It has always bothered me that the OEM holder is loose no matter what you do. If you are trying to accurately poke a tiny 5 or 6 inch screen with 7 inch hands it is tricky. Have you cooked up a design for a sunshade too Mr. Clever?

I actually bought one with my drone but it's for the adv/pro/inspire phone holder that everybody has been using. Gotta figure out how to keep it in place with my phone. Rubber bands maybe?? Lol.

I actually bought one with my drone but it's for the adv/pro/inspire phone holder that everybody has been using. Gotta figure out how to keep it in place with my phone. Rubber bands maybe?? Lol.
Like this ? No rubber bands here.
IMAG00681.jpg

I have the OEM holder, modified to hold my ipad4mini, doesn't come loose at all. Having said that I have replaced the plastic arm with an alloy one.

Here is my makeshift phone holder for my remote controller. Much more sturdy than the original plastic one that came in the box.

It's go pro style camera accessories. No drilling holes. It uses 3M CURVED adhesive. Make sure if you buy it, it is the curved adhesive. Very stable. The phone holder is a super tight fit with my Note 5. Don't recommend using a phone bigger than that. Lol. Buying a tablet holder next.

Sent from my SM-N920V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hey, just a thank you for pointing this out because I just received my Smatree cell phone holder that uses the GoPro mount and it works great on my P3S! I didn't have to buy the curved adhesive GoPro part because I already had one of those from something else (though it looks like mine might sit lower to the controller, which may or may not be preferable). But the cell phone holder is perfect, and a big improvement over the flimsy holder that comes with the P3S.

Pros: Much more secure than the P3S holder that wobbles and feels like it's going to break off, is centered on the controller, is easily adjustable with the GoPro knob, and is easily removable too.

Cons: Covers the DJI logo (gasp), covers the view of your S1 and S2 switches depending on your view (still easy to use though), spring is tight on cell phone holder

I'm not sure how difficult it would be to remove the adhesive GoPro fitting if I ever decide I don't want it (probably just heat it up and it will come off). But that part can take any other GoPro accessory so you could use a tablet holder or whatever else you want.

Here's the link again to the SmaTree cell phone holder. You would also need the curved adhesive mount if you don't already have one:

Amazon.com : Smatree Aluminium 1/4"-20 Mount Adapter+Cell Phone Holder+Thumbscrew, Connect Cell Phone/ Standard Camera to GoPro Accessories : Camera & Photo

2017-0130-153954(001).jpg

Thanks!

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik