My range extender isn't working quite right

Reaction score
Ok, I could be having one of a few, or multiple problems. For a period of time, the phantom wifi wasn't showing up at all on the list of available networks. Eventually, it showed up, but even once i was able to find it on a phone i could get the camera to link. I would receive an immediate message saying that the connection had been broken. so I tried using my laptop, in addition to it taking 15 minutes to find the range extender, it was only a "Limited Connection" (the range extender was fully charged). Eventually the range extender was consistently showing up in the available networks after only 15 seconds, but it was still only a "Limited Connection" on the laptop. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting multiple times to no avail. As soon as i opened up the camera, I would get a connection broken message. One theory I have is the range extender has just simply died. I wouldn't be the first person to need a replacement range extender because it decided to "take the easy way out", however, I have another theory of what may be the problem. The drone belongs to the United States Air Force. It was purchased by them, and given to my school's AFJROTC program. So it is operated by cadets. A few weeks ago, we had a...well lets say less than gentle landing. The drone flipped over and fell from about 40 feet and landed on its back. Drone was totaled. So we got a replacement drone. A refurbished one. We just received the replacement this week, and all week we have not been able to get the camera to work. Since we still have the same controller from the original drone that crashed, is it possible that the range extender is having compatibility issues with the new drone? Any help or further ideas of what could be happening is greatly appreciated!

the limited connection on a laptop is because its connected but it knows you have no internet access (which is normal)
Think you'll need to bind to the quads camera/wifi module... have you done that ??

i will attempt to rebind tomorrow once i have access to the drone again. thanks for info on y it was saying limited connection.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers