My Props Don't Line Up

Reaction score
PV2+ V3 here. I noticed two of my prop tips don't line up on the horizontal plane. The two front prop tips are about 1/4" higher/lower of each other when aligned. All other tips line up at the same level. Never had a crash. Tried installing a set of 4 new props and same thing. Been flying this bird for 6 months with no problems. Anyone else notice this on their Phantom?

Swap the front props with the ones on the rear and see if the difference follows the props or not.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I would check two things:
Make sure the screws to the motor mounts are secure and
Check to ensure that the perimeter of plastic around each motor is even and not binding.

After an unfortunate event, one of my motor mounts became deformed due to heat and the motor was not perfectly vertical.

I would check two things:
Make sure the screws to the motor mounts are secure and
Check to ensure that the perimeter of plastic around each motor is even and not binding.

After an unfortunate event, one of my motor mounts became deformed due to heat and the motor was not perfectly vertical.
Happen the same to me but i don't know how. I noticed it because after opening my phantom and mounting back the cover, the right bottom motor was not in the center of the cover hole and was close to one side very very close to touch the cover hole with all the risk involved. Moreover, as this thread title, the bottom right prop was not aligned to the near props.

What happen to you to result in this issue? I've never crash and honestly i don't know what could have caused this issue.

Just check mine pre-flight - all good. Had the cover off twice.

Idea's:
Check motor mount screws?
Check inward screw by Leg? If not tight would cause cover to lift...

I just noticed this on my P2 Ver. 3. If I rotate all props 90 deg. They are level from front to back. Just different from side to side.

I actually had a similar issue, after a crash one of my props was way out of alignment with the others. It caused the bird to slowly rotate to the right. I tried compass cal, and IMU cal, and nothing worked. After talking a very close look i noticed that one arm was slightly bend upward from the crash. I used a heat gun to heat up the leg (after removing the motor and ECU) and slowly bent it back into place. The bird now fly's straight as an arrow.

image.jpg
Happen the same to me but i don't know how. I noticed it because after opening my phantom and mounting back the cover, the right bottom motor was not in the center of the cover hole and was close to one side very very close to touch the cover hole with all the risk involved. Moreover, as this thread title, the bottom right prop was not aligned to the near props.

What happen to you to result in this issue? I've never crash and honestly i don't know what could have caused this issue.
Here is my tale.... It was a cold and dreary day. On my third battery, which is also my oldest battery, I flew fairly far...happy with my Itelite antenna set up. Coming back, the battery was depleted faster than I anticipated. This triggered auto landing (a setting I have since changed). It landed in a bush and it looks like the props were still struggling to turn. I should have done a combined stick motor shutdown, but honestly I was a bit flabbergasted and more concerned with retrieval (I used the Find My Phantom from my FPV booster app...led me right to it from over 1500 feet away). In any event, I believe the struggling motor kept at it, overheating and twisting and turning and thereby deformed the plastic mounts. This motor was non functional, and I replaced this motor and ESC. One of the other motors wasn't turning as freely as it usually did, and this motor and ESC was replaced as well. I replaced the shell. All parts from eBay for about $100. It actually was very educational to do all these repairs and electronic transplants. I ended up with a brand new looking drone. And flies just the same!

Last edited:
Reactions: StevenQX

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj