my phantom runs out of control

Reaction score
Hello everyone, Hope someone can help me in this one, every time I try to fly my phantom after doing all calibrations possible, it starts flying well but after a minute it goes yellow/red flashlight and suddenly it goes complete out of control and I can't do nothing but look where it crashes to go and pick him up...
It seems like it would be some compass or IMU problem... like the value of the sensor goes the hell away or something...
I should be covered under warranty but sonce I live in Patagonia....there's no way I can send it back to B&H...So I'm looking for a home-made solution! :p
thanks in advance!
Isaias_.

Check all the connections of the compass wire,both on the leg and inside on the GPS module mounted to the top of the shell under the grey shielding.
Either end could become dislodged after a crash.

If your flying it fine for a minute or two and this is happening then my guess would be your flying it near something that is interfering with the compass like a cell tower, tall steel buildings, ext. But also could be a loss connection some where! The yellow and read is telling you your compass error is to big which means if you did a compass cal. before take off and this is happening in flight then something is sending your compass in wack mode or your flying in ATTI mode and your running on low battery you'll get yellow and red LEDs but not a constant yellow,red,yellow,red like you would for a compass error! Try flying at a different local if you haven't already and see what happens. If it's still doing this then I would open it and check for a loss connection.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik