My phantom pro won't go nearly as far as it should

Reaction score
So for Christmas I got the dji phantom 3 pro which should go 3.2 miles without interference but mine only goes just down the street for about 2 minutes then starts losing connection what could be causing such great interference
If you need any extra info feel free to ask

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

because there's interference... wifi, etc. go fly in a field or over water.

and make sure your antenna are properly oriented.

What would be the proper orientation because even when flying over water it didn't go too far
It actually went less distance

upload_2016-1-5_15-47-38.png

What would be the proper orientation because even when flying over water it didn't go too far
It actually went less distance

Take off from the parking lot of that driving range and fly it over the water. Too many tress from where you seem to be using it from. Also, the farther away the P3 is, more altitude is needed for better reception.

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

Always consult the manual when you have questions. Here is what DJI suggests in the manual - https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_3/en/Phantom_3_Professional_User_Manual__V1.6.pdf

Screen Shot 2016-01-05 at 3.49.31 PM✨.png

I live in a pretty suburban area and there is plenty of interference everywhere, I just recently got my P3A last week, but the farthest I've take it so far has only been about 1,800ft because every time I get to that point I get the "Weak RC signal" dialogue on my screen. So I figure the best way to fly further around my area is to get a decent range booster. I've seen a fair bit of options, but for the price you these look pretty promising. The idea seems reasonable enough, but I wanted to see if anyone else has tried them and if they actually make a noticeable difference.

Google

-DJI-Phantom-3-Inspire-1-enhance-the-board-remote-control-FPV-extended-range-parabolic-antenna.jpg

That's all good advice if he's ever gotten great range but if you just got it and I've never gotten great range it might just be faulty. For example the area I fly and I have great results out of all my quads. But when I got a brand-new advanced, It would only go 300 feet to 800 feet before losing signal I sent it back got a different one 3 miles 4 miles

I live in a pretty suburban area and there is plenty of interference everywhere, I just recently got my P3A last week, but the farthest I've take it so far has only been about 1,800ft because every time I get to that point I get the "Weak RC signal" dialogue on my screen. So I figure the best way to fly further around my area is to get a decent range booster. I've seen a fair bit of options, but for the price you these look pretty promising. The idea seems reasonable enough, but I wanted to see if anyone else has tried them and if they actually make a noticeable difference.

Google

-DJI-Phantom-3-Inspire-1-enhance-the-board-remote-control-FPV-extended-range-parabolic-antenna.jpg
Hello, about the antenna extender I fount this. You can find also a video at the page with a tutorial to create it and a test video about the improvement. I think it worth to try for 2 dollars or less that it cost. I have print them but I waiting for better weather.

antenna - Tom's Tech Time

Hello, about the antenna extender I fount this. You can find also a video at the page with a tutorial to create it and a test video about the improvement. I think it worth to try for 2 dollars or less that it cost. I have print them but I waiting for better weather.

antenna - Tom's Tech Time
The 'Windsurfer" design does work and the best part is it's cheap! :)

That's all good advice if he's ever gotten great range but if you just got it and I've never gotten great range it might just be faulty. For example the area I fly and I have great results out of all my quads. But when I got a brand-new advanced, It would only go 300 feet to 800 feet before losing signal I sent it back got a different one 3 miles 4 miles

stock without any modifications?

which should go 3.2 miles without interference

Depends on quite a number of factors to be sure... that distance is under perfect conditions with flat terrain, calm air (no wind), no trees or obstacles between RC and P3, no competing 2.4Ghz transmissions, no EM transmissions and sufficient altitude, etc....

In my neighborhood because of hills and trees (except in Winter) even at 400 Ft altititude I can only get about 1.5 miles before starting to get RC signal issues...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik