My Phantom no longer stays in place.

Reaction score
I have control but the slightest breeze and it goes where the wind goes.
I have never hooked the thing to a computer, never updated anything and I dread the thought
of trying to do that because of the stories Ive read and/or heard.

Im not sure what my options are, all I want is to get back to the stock settings. can anyone
help me out here?

Oh yeah, there was 1 crash, but it was only about 2/3 feet off the ground and the only danage was 2 ding props.

graybeard

Hi guys. I have phantom vision. It is going left when i do not touch anything while flying. And sometines it goes up. Tries to come where i start then goes left again. I thought it was wind but then i changed the direction. It is not about wind, it allways goes to the left side of the camera heading direction. I mean its not like little left. It goes a lot. I can control it and have safe flight and landing. But i can not hold it on its position. I had some accidents. :( and i am not in usa. Please help me. I can shoot a video if you guys need.. thanks a lot for ur help..

Greybeard and Zedo, You both really need to hook up to the Computer and use the Assistant to set up your base settings. I know it is a bit spooky to do, but it may help.

did you calibrate the compass yet?
this can be done without hooking it up to the computer.

if it is not calibrated correctly, even in gps mode it can start to drift.

there are videos on the dji website on how to do this if you havent done it before.

however, i highly suggest you plug it in and do a full calibration on everything.

Do the IMU advance calibration w/assistant then do compass cal before next flight.

The light is green and flashes 1 time. I don't think it is a calibration problem because it ALWAYS drifts with the wind, I have gone out late at night when it's dead calm and it stays in place. i have walked up to it and pushed it (tapped it?) and it just slowly goes in the direction that it's pushed.

If i need to hook up to my laptop so be it, but I really want to be sure thats necessary cause to be totaly honest the thought of doing that scares the crap outa me.

graybeard

Calibrating it is simple & painless. Lately it's been the updates on new Visions that have folks in a frenzy. I cal mine about once or twice a week depending on amount of flying. It's just good to give it a "ground zero" starting point - never know if you got to close to something magnetic or landed rough.

graybeard said:
The light is green and flashes 1 time. I don't think it is a calibration problem because it ALWAYS drifts with the wind, I have gone out late at night when it's dead calm and it stays in place. i have walked up to it and pushed it (tapped it?) and it just slowly goes in the direction that it's pushed.

If i need to hook up to my laptop so be it, but I really want to be sure thats necessary cause to be totaly honest the thought of doing that scares the crap outa me.

graybeard

you can do the compass calibration without hooking it up to your computer.
try it...it cannot hurt. They recommend it be done anyways.
If that does not help, you need to hook it up to your computer and do the full calibration.

OK!?!? I'll give it a shot, I'll touch base and let you guys know how it goes, it might be a week or more before I can do it,
cause Im going to have surgery the 9th but I'll let y'all know.

Thanke for all the help!

graybeard

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31