My Phantom ll Vision has the wobbles.

Reaction score

Hello,

Firstly, these things are totally addictive !!!

I'm a newbie to Phantom's and I managed to crash from about 15 feet onto concrete. Okay so I'm stupid but it is what it is...

The camera mount broke and a couple of the carbon fiber props lost maybe a 1/8" off of the ends.

I have a new camera mount on order plus props and prop guards etc.

She still fly’s but when descending (and only when descending) there's a wobble that if I descend to fast will increase and eventually tip the craft over and crash again.

No more flying for me until I get the new parts.

Is this due to the prop damage putting the thole thing out of balance and why would it only do this when descending?

Thank you...

How fast are you descending? Are you running older firmware that allows you to descend faster than about 4.5 mph?

Truthfully I don't know which version of the firmware I'm running. I suppose I'm the typical idiot that gets the thing out of the box and fly's it.
I had it up fairly high maybe 50 feet or so, and I brought it down to quickly. At about twenty feet I realized my error and gave it full up but it was too late and it hit the ground.

I won't repeat my mistake. I'll read all I can and update the firm ware etc...

Caspercash said:
Truthfully I don't know which version of the firmware I'm running. I suppose I'm the typical idiot that gets the thing out of the box and fly's it.
I had it up fairly high maybe 50 feet or so, and I brought it down to quickly. At about twenty feet I realized my error and gave it full up but it was too late and it hit the ground.

I won't repeat my mistake. I'll read all I can and update the firm ware etc...

Well with a heli you get into your prop wash descending too fast and it will tumble. You can avoid this by not going straight down. Just pitch it forward, backward or to either side as you descend so its in a slope and in clean air.

The latest firmware limits the descend speed to about 4.5 mph so you cant get into that situation. Some guys hate it but I like the fact its hard to get in trouble so I will live with 4.5 mph descent.

Plug your Phantom into the computer, power it on, open the Phantom Assistant software available from DJI.com. Click upgrade.

Its not the most intuitive program I have used but you will figure it out at that point. Don't worry about the RC assistant software at this point. Just the Phantom 2 vision assistant.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20