!!!My phantom is flying as if it were in course lock!!! What the hell is going on!!!

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
So I went out today to do a normal flight and P3P is flying crooked.. So yeah this is a first for me I did a quick compass calibration just for shits and gigs and I'm given it five minutes so I can do and IMU calibration. Does anybody know what the Hell is going on with this thing, it's flew perfectly fine yesterday..
8d16ea725988a0e4b41cdb3652993f0b.jpg

Any suggestions would be great..
Thanks,Danny

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Did all calibrations, still flying crappy[emoji17]

I realize you said you did ALL calibrations. Did this include an RC calibration too?

Yes sir, and I'm not pushing left or right on the sticks at all while trying to go in a straight line

I went back in the logs and noticed that it's been happening for the last couple of flights, the only reason I caught the problem was cause when I look at the live feel I can see that it's not pointing straight and it's not the camera either

The magnetometer/compass is responsible for determining the heading so it must be related in some fashion.

I think I'll run all the calibrations again when I get home from work.. I'll do it in a different spot too just in case I was to close to metal or something.. It's so weird this happened because I didn't crash it or anything

Have you had the Phantom sitting near something magnetic,like a speaker in your car?
Having any type of magnet near the compass can interfer with it.

I've honestly been thinking about the and nothing comes to mind.. I've had it in the same spot for the last few months

@dros1828 if you post the .txt from the DJI Go App then we can check to see if there was any inadvertent control stick input that caused this.

If you're sure that there was no stick input then we'll need the .DAT file to check other possibilities. To see how to retrieve the .DAT go here. The heading depends mostly on the gyro and that may have a higher than normal drift rate. To check this we need the .DAT from a flight where the P3 sits on the ground undisturbed for at least 15 seconds (60 secs would be better). Please provide a .DAT that has both this undisturbed interval and the drifting you described.You'll need to create a DropBox link as the .DAT can't be uploaded here.

@BudWalker
Thanks for the info!!
I'm going to work on the .DAT file in a couple of hours and I have a Dropbox so it shouldn't be to hard but and I'm not so concerned about the drifting cause it's been windy lately so I can expect that I guess but more so how it's flying.. As I mentioned in my first post it's like it is in course lock, if you look at my pic you can see the bird is pointed to the left and not in the direction I'm going.. I only reason I caught this issue because I was reviewing a video I took of 3mile run and noticed that the bird was not pointing straight at first I thought it was the camera until I looked at my flight log through "dji go"

@BudWalker
Thanks for the info!!
I'm going to work on the .DAT file in a couple of hours and I have a Dropbox so it shouldn't be to hard but and I'm not so concerned about the drifting cause it's been windy lately so I can expect that I guess but more so how it's flying.. As I mentioned in my first post it's like it is in course lock, if you look at my pic you can see the bird is pointed to the left and not in the direction I'm going.. I only reason I caught this issue because I was reviewing a video I took of 3mile run and noticed that the bird was not pointing straight at first I thought it was the camera until I looked at my flight log through "dji go"

Did you intend to post something here?:) All I see is the quote of my post.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20