My Phantom had a Phantom- Halloween video

Reaction score
Scared some little trick or treaters this past Halloween. Too bad it was too dark to video at night but here is what I used. At the end another brief video plays. As I go around the old mill, look down carefully at the guy on the lower left and when he noticed the Phantom for the first time. Later he told me he didn't know what to think of it or what to do. He said he didn't know whether to shoot it with a camera or a gun. I am hoping he was reaching for his camera.

It is in HD so hit the button. **** you Youtube. Let us say what resolution we want!

http://youtu.be/SdUNJIvHhqQ

Re: My Phantom had a Phantom Halloween video

jengo said:
lol that is awesome!

My wife brought this home for a Halloween decoration. I quickly scarfed it up, added some LED lights for eyes and flew him. After she saw what I did she was OK with me snagging it from her. Weight was almost exact what my GOPRO 2 with factory enclosure weighed. The turbulent downdraft added some awesome garb effects.

We had some kids screaming. I have a long front yard they had to walk across past the Phantom. The parents always wait by the road and you could hear them laughing their butts off while their kids were terrified. Even some bigger kids were scared. :lol:

Shrimpfarmer said:
Now that's a brilliant use for the phantom and what a realistic effect!!!! :twisted:

With a longer string, you could really scare the crap out of somebody with that thing... pretty cool...

gunslinger said:
Shrimpfarmer said:
Now that's a brilliant use for the phantom and what a realistic effect!!!! :twisted:

With a longer string, you could really scare the crap out of somebody with that thing... pretty cool...

Yeah actually I tried that but it twisted all around and didn't work well. I still had to put three fishing lines to keep it stable at that length and to get it to turn with the TOP Phantom. the lights on the Top Phantom along with the noise of it actually played well at night. It was creepy sounding too.

OK, that has just become one of my all-time favorite Phantom Videos and I've got the cat-who-swallowed-the-mouse ear-to-ear grin to prove it; you're giving me way too many bad(?) ideas.

iDrone ;)

Very nicely done, a great flying spook effect.

Perhaps you would show how you attached the 3 strings?

Or, like the stickers for the P2V, sell "phantom-ghost" kits, please?

I used the little clip on swivels that you use to put fishing lures on. That is so I could take it on and off easily. I connected the center one where the camera mounts and the two outer ones I connected to the guards (bumpers). The two outer ones are to keep the ghost from just spinning around.

I didn't make the ghost but they were being sold all over here in the U.S. It originally came with these plastic chains hanging off of the body. They were just unnecessary weight so I took them off. If you have anything like a Joann Fabrics you can find everything you need to make something. The head was foam so I bored little holes through the back and out the eyes. Crammed some LED lights in, cut a 1/4 x 1 inch slit in the foam to put in a little battery from my little QR1 quad toy. That's about it. Look around you can find some ideas and make it your own.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj