My Phantom 4 Was Stolen! Any Suggestions???

Reaction score
Sadly, My P4 was stolen from my vehicle in Rancho Cucamonga, California on May 20th. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I might be able to recover it. I've been watching ebay and craigslist on a daily basis and so far nothing has shown up.

Sorry about your loss. I would call dji and report your quad stolen. When you register the bird it has a unique number, if anyone starts GO it usually transfers data to them, they may or may not want to share where the connection is coming from. Report it stolen to the police and have it on record. If it is parted for parts keep checking for used parts sales. Hope you find the AH.

Reactions: Jussaguy
Try to get it insured and this would be covered with no deductible.

Try State Farm but you may need to try a few agents before you find one that says OK. I have mine insured for $60 a year.

Reactions: PROJEFFREY11
If you bought it with a credit card, some cards offer theft protection features where they will will credit your account for the full amount

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: Jussaguy
It's true, homeowners insurance covers items stolen from your vehicle. I found out first hand.

Reactions: Wibble
Your vehicle has to be at home when this happens though. Correct?

Used to be an agent, not true. Renters or homeowners covers theft of personal property from your car anywhere, you just have to pay you HO deductible which is often $1,000+.

Used to be an agent, not true. Renters or homeowners covers theft of personal property from your car anywhere, you just have to pay you HO deductible which is often $1,000+.
People are saying that some insurance plans like state Farm offers it for $60/year with no deductibles

I appreciate everyone's suggestions. Unfortunately, my homeowners deductible is 1000.00 and might cause my premiums to increase. I've also reviewed my credit card benefits and aircraft are excluded from coverage. I did
file a police report the same day it was stolen and I will inform DJI of the theft.

Thanks again.

If DJI was on top of their game they would implement a feature where anytime anyone launches a stolen aircraft it would notify the local police of location and rightful owner info.

What is the procedure for registering a used or in this case stolen AC? Once someone registers their new bird can someone just reregister it under their name and account?

I appreciate everyone's suggestions. Unfortunately, my homeowners deductible is 1000.00 and might cause my premiums to increase. I've also reviewed my credit card benefits and aircraft are excluded from coverage. I did
file a police report the same day it was stolen and I will inform DJI of the theft.

Thanks again.
The Phantom isn't an aircraft, your insurance policy is referring to an actual airplane or similar.

In a perfect world, but I'm sure DJI would much prefer to sell another drone than end up in court testifying how they were able to track down the drone.

My insurance agent says my drone is not covered while in the car parked on someone else's property.

I'd still call your credit card company

If DJI was on top of their game they would implement a feature where anytime anyone launches a stolen aircraft it would notify the local police of location and rightful owner info.

forget about notifying the police, how about a nice feature where anytime anyone tries to launch a stolen aircraft motors wont arm.

forget about notifying the police, how about a nice feature where anytime anyone tries to launch a stolen aircraft motors wont arm.
I'd rather them fly it and me possibly getting it back in one piece as well as the police filing charges than the motors not arming and them throwing it away or something

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj