My phantom 3 standard's gimble vibration board is cracked

Reaction score
I recently realized my fumble vibration board is cracked but not very bad.I have crashed it once with would explain why it is cracked.I have considered buying and replacing the vibration board but I am not positive that that is needed.Also if I did buy and replace it my mom would freak out when she sees me taking apart my gimble.Could someone please give me some advice please?

Attachments

• 1496379783104-1460156524.jpg
    1496379783104-1460156524.jpg
    918.2 KB · Views: 366
I'm responding to your Litchi question. I have been using for 4 months and have had no issues. It has worked flawlessly.

Well I can only think of 2 options.
Repair or replace.
I would imagine that repairing the piece will still require disassembly. I would not hesitate to attempt a repair like that, using some JB Weld or similar product, and if I were to attempt it, I would definitely remove it first.

Do this--

Remove the 2 plastic posts going through the rubber shocks. One is currently in the cracked corner. They need to be mounted diagonally so all you're doing is moving the posts into the 2 previously unused holes. You might need to use your mom's salad serving fork and a spoon to pop the retainer discs off the mounting posts.

Superglue the crack by flexing the mount so glue gets inside the crack. Don't use much and try to keep the mount straight while drying.

Should be good to go. By moving the post out of the broken corner on the mount, there is no longer any weight on it and once glued, shouldn't get any worse.

Do this--

Remove the 2 plastic posts going through the rubber shocks. One is currently in the cracked corner. They need to be mounted diagonally so all you're doing is moving the posts into the 2 previously unused holes.......

..........By moving the post out of the broken corner on the mount, there is no longer any weight on it and once glued, shouldn't get any worse.
Your idea may work, however. ........
The weight of the entire gimbal & camera is supported by all 4 rubber "shock absorbers", not by the Anti-Drop as you are suggesting. The Anti-Drop Pins should not be providing any support whatsoever. They are there to prevent the gimbal from "dropping" off of the mount during a hard landing.

Now, by moving the Anti-Drop Pins to the alternate diagonal holes as you suggest may help to reduce the stress upon the repaired corner in the event of a hard landing, and may allow the repair to last longer.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20