My Phantom 3 Pro got me in the Newspaper!

Reaction score
......and it was for a good reason!! I had posted a video of the Carolina Field of Honor, a local veteran's memorial, and the local Parks and Rec decided to put it on their website. That caught the attention of the local newspaper and they reached out to me about doing an interview. I agreed and it actually went well. The typical "can you spy" and "are they creepy" came up. I explained that its not as possible as people think and they are quite loud so it takes away the stealth aspect of it. She was actually very pro-aerial imagery so it was pretty cool. She wrote up and awesome article though and even sent people over to my website and YouTube channel, and told people to subscribe for more! It was really cool, check out my site and YouTube below for me. They even mentioned me possibly shooting some aerial shots for them once my 333 Exemption comes through in the next few weeks, as I have been waiting awhile.

YouTube: Spoon Dronetography
Website: Spoon Dronetography - I even made a new trailer for my website with some newer video I have shot.

Attachments

• File Jul 29, 11 55 25.jpeg
    File Jul 29, 11 55 25.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 400
Last edited:
Well done! We need all the positive PR we can get...
Believe me I know, my only goal in the interview was to put a positive light on quads and drones. I didn't even care about my own gain. It was cool though.

FYI, the link you provided to your website came up with another video.
But I did find the CFOH video easily.
Good job. The park should at least donate a case of beer to ya!

Reactions: SpoonDronetography
FYI, the link you provided to your website came up with another video.
But I did find the CFOH video easily.
Good job. The park should at least donate a case of beer to ya!

Thanks! I got it fixed. I am pretty lucky that around here the market hasn't become saturated with people doing aerial photography so I may still have a chance to get a little side business outside of my real job.

"SpoonD"
-Finally we get to see some good press - Thanks !!!
-
Love, Peace, and Quads.

Thanks! That was my goal going in there! I was fully expecting a negative turn on the conservation at any point, but luckily she was very pro-aerial photo/video so it made it better. It has given my YouTube a nice little boost too.

Very well done! You're a natural at framing shots and editing. The good press is a nice bonus.

Reactions: SpoonDronetography
Very well done! You're a natural at framing shots and editing. The good press is a nice bonus.

Thanks! I've been keeping my toes wet in video since I was about 16 and I'm 25 now, it's been awesome to get this aerial view on some shots I've always wanted. I have some good friends that are really into cars which you might have seen in my other videos. They want to start partnering up with their car club and getting some unique views on meets or rolling shots. Can't wait to see what will come out of it. Thanks again guys for all the support too. I'm planning on keeping to bring the positive press for this amazing and wonderful hobby.

......and it was for a good reason!! I had posted a video of the Carolina Field of Honor, a local veteran's memorial, and the local Parks and Rec decided to put it on their website. That caught the attention of the local newspaper and they reached out to me about doing an interview. I agreed and it actually went well. The typical "can you spy" and "are they creepy" came up. I explained that its not as possible as people think and they are quite loud so it takes away the stealth aspect of it. She was actually very pro-aerial imagery so it was pretty cool. She wrote up and awesome article though and even sent people over to my website and YouTube channel, and told people to subscribe for more! It was really cool, check out my site and YouTube below for me. They even mentioned me possibly shooting some aerial shots for them once my 333 Exemption comes through in the next few weeks, as I have been waiting awhile.

YouTube: Spoon Dronetography
Website: Spoon Dronetography - I even made a new trailer for my website with some newer video I have shot.

Nice job buddy. Looks like you're headed for the "Ambassador's Club", if we had one. :)

Reactions: dirkclod
Nice job buddy. Looks like you're headed for the "Ambassador's Club", if we had one. :)

Thanks man! I've been contacted by another newspaper locally that's more regional and bigger. I'm pretty pumped.

Reactions: IflyinWY

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers