My Phantom 3 antenna broke

Reaction score
I am not sure how, I am assuming it was angled in such a way inside my hardshell backpack that is somehow made it crack. Either way, the cable from the transmitter to the actual antenna is in place and connected. It is just the plastic that cracked. Can I just glue this back together and be ok?

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Attachments

• MzDuU70.jpg
    MzDuU70.jpg
    439.8 KB · Views: 454
I am not sure how, I am assuming it was angled in such a way inside my hardshell backpack that is somehow made it crack. Either way, the cable from the transmitter to the actual antenna is in place and connected. It is just the plastic that cracked. Can I just glue this back together and be ok?

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
It cracked because you need to place the strap under the antenna, not over them. Also yes you can glue it back together and be okay so long as the cable is attached well still. I use this stuff called plast-aid that forms a chemical and physical bond with the plastic, it is really amazing stuff, you can mix it to be thick or thin and if you mix it thicker you can form it with your fingers and it washes right off. I was tipped off by another forum member but I can't remember their name. I think they used it to fix the cracks in their shell near the motors. Here is a link to the video:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Reed L
Oh wow, I am an idiot. This whole time I have been putting the straps OVER the antenna. No wonder it is broken. Thanks for the info, I will buy plast-aid. Appreciate the help!

Oh wow, I am an idiot. This whole time I have been putting the straps OVER the antenna. No wonder it is broken. Thanks for the info, I will buy plast-aid. Appreciate the help!
Make sure when you glue it back in that you don't keep the antenna from rotating, it probably won't happen since you would have to glue the top of the chrome to keep the antenna from rotating and you only need to glue under the chrome part but I thought I would mention it, cheers!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic