My phantom 2 plus seems to be very sporadic when when I fly

Reaction score
I've had this for about three months I've been flying a fine all of a sudden it seems to be very sporadic while I am flying I don't feel confident flying your email I recalibrated the controllers put new batteries in the controller and still doing the same thing I don't take off the lights blink green and it shows on my iPhone that I have at least six on the satellite is there anything I can do to test this will fix it thank you vito

Let me try that again sorry I do talk to speak I've owned the Phantom three months I have been flying it fine all of a sudden it been very sporadic I don't feel confident that it's listening to me I calibrated the controller today put new batteries in it and tried it again I do make sure I did gimbal dance and I also made sure the lights are blinking green that I take off and I still feel confident with the weights reacting it seems to drift and tilt a little bit is there anything I can do

what "mode/settings" are set you are flying - GPS mode? six SATs can be a little low. you mentioned that you calibrate the compass but that doesn't say what settings you have in your controller...that may be the issue? just not quite sure what you're trying to explain.

It is in GPS mode and I just checked it again but I didn't fly it and it was staying within seven and eight it's windy here so I don't want to fly it but I'm going to test it tomorrow weather permitting and I'll post something with better information thank you for your help

You may want to consider re-calibrating the IMU. That should settle out the drifting issue . Check out the you tube videos on IMU calibration. You need to have it perfectally level and do the IMU before it warms up to much.

I'm doing the IMU some reason the bars used to taking forever talking at an hour or more in my life videos online it said it should take 5 to 10 minutes

timing is important.
leave the quad off for at least an hour. set it in a cool spot. I have put mine in the fridge before but a lot of folks here freak out when they read that. They are worried about condensation. Keep it cool for an hour, then plug in the battery. get it perfectly level measuring on all four motors. It takes a good ten minutes to do this part. Be very careful. Take your time and get it perfect.
Plug the USB cable into the quad and your computer. Start vision assistant. Power up the transmitter, then the quad. go to vision assistant and go to tools,then advanced. do the advanced calibration. It should complete in a few minutes.
The bottom line is from the time you turn on the quad to the time you start advanced calibration should be as short as possible. 30 seconds or less.

Reactions: Vanjo Grale
I've had this for about three months I've been flying a fine all of a sudden it seems to be very sporadic while I am flying I don't feel confident flying your email I recalibrated the controllers put new batteries in the controller and still doing the same thing I don't take off the lights blink green and it shows on my iPhone that I have at least six on the satellite is there anything I can do to test this will fix it thank you vito
Bearings i think

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Could be but they are pretty hardy. You said you have had yor quad for about three months. Did you get it new or from someone else. If you turn the motors by hand and they turn free and smooth and you don't have any loose up down motion or grinding noise the bearing may be ok. Do the motors start and stop at the same time or do you have one lagging?

I've had my P2V+ get "squirrley" on me a few times, and each time a IMU calibration has fixed it. Definitely follow the above advice about doing it immediately after turning on the drone. Make sure all firmware is up to date - I assume you have the correct driver on your computer for the phantom vision assistant to communicate with your drone as well.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20