My Phantom 2 FPV shopping list,,,

Reaction score
Hi everyone
i am about to pull the trigger on a complete FPV system to be installed on Phantom 2 V2 (the new version later 2014) and wanted to double check with you guys, since you are the experts here, i am new into FPV.
So first, i am buying from dpcav.com any experience with them, good? bad?
the FPV will be as below

1-Tx: IRC 600mA
2-Rx: Black Pearl 7 channel (or 32 channel)
3-Antenna: Spironet circular polarized omni 5.8GHz from IRC/Fatshark + 5.8GHz +5dBi circular polarized Patch antenna for the BP diversity.
4- Dji iOSD mini
5- Plug and play cable to connect the iOSD, Tx, and Camera plug inside the phantom.
6- Holder for the BP.

Optional item (still thinking about it)
1- IRC Uno 5800 receiver with 3s Lipo battery and charger.

Did i miss any item? will all the above work and give my good range? this kit is almost 400$ so better it work fine as not considering any future upgrade soon.

Thank for the advice and comments.
regards.

looks good to me, i've got the same set-up (using 32channel) Black Pearl. & yes it does all work perfectly

what do you intend to do with the Uno? (not got that part, but i'm putting a 19" monitor on a tripod but going to run it from the Black Pearl's output)

thanks for the feedback. so the UNO has higher sensitivy than the BP in case i fly somewhere with high interference, near GSM towers with 4G/LTE, busy urban places with loads of WiFi AC operating on 5Ghs, etc. it has bettie reception than the BP from the data sheet and reviews, on other hand it can be connected to other display, goggles, etc.
which Phantom 2 do you have, is it the V1 or the V2? i saw that the new Phantom 2 V2 with new motors is causing big problems

check the "lowest prices links" stickythread if you haven't already. It has a lot of things on your shopping list, including the forum favorite 3d-printed display mount for the stock RC (your #6)

Those antennas are your weak link. If you want to spend the cash up front and not need to worry about upgrading, you may want to shoot straight to some premium antennas like the FPVLR's. I fly in both low and high interference environments although I wouldn't recommend flying close to a power or cell tower at all... anyway the point is you have plenty of transmit power so antennas are key.
I'm currently running a 400mW transmitter, the FPVLR pentalobe Tx antenna and his 4 turn helix Rx antenna and was out over 1000m over the city (super high interference environment).
On a hilltop last week in the middle of western MA I was out over a mile and the FPV wasn't even flickering (as long as the helix is pointed at the phantom obviously)

messiry said:
thanks for the feedback. so the UNO has higher sensitivy than the BP in case i fly somewhere with high interference, near GSM towers with 4G/LTE, busy urban places with loads of WiFi AC operating on 5Ghs, etc. it has bettie reception than the BP from the data sheet and reviews, on other hand it can be connected to other display, goggles, etc.
which Phantom 2 do you have, is it the V1 or the V2? i saw that the new Phantom 2 V2 with new motors is causing big problems
thanks for the knowledge on the Uno, i might think about one of those instead of using the BP for the field monitor then.

i've got the V1, was just about to upgrade to V2 motors & esc's when all the failure stories suddenly started so didn't bother

QYV said:
check the "lowest prices links" stickythread if you haven't already. It has a lot of things on your shopping list, including the forum favorite 3d-printed display mount for the stock RC (your #6)

Those antennas are your weak link. If you want to spend the cash up front and not need to worry about upgrading, you may want to shoot straight to some premium antennas like the FPVLR's. I fly in both low and high interference environments although I wouldn't recommend flying close to a power or cell tower at all... anyway the point is you have plenty of transmit power so antennas are key.
I'm currently running a 400mW transmitter, the FPVLR pentalobe Tx antenna and his 4 turn helix Rx antenna and was out over 1000m over the city (super high interference environment).
On a hilltop last week in the middle of western MA I was out over a mile and the FPV wasn't even flickering (as long as the helix is pointed at the phantom obviously)

Thanks for the advice, what you think about the IBCrazy Blue beam ultra antenna set, i got some good feedback about it, i finally opt to the IRC Uno option with a normal display and not the BP as i can see all over the forums problems with them.

Guys, from personal experienced Ibcrazy's antennas are no match to FPVLR or Circular Wireless antennas.
Have tried all frequencies, 1.2GHz, 2.4Ghz and 5.8GHz,
the FPVLR 5.8GHz are just fantastic! Blue beams gave me lines across the screen.

messiry said:
1-Tx: IRC 600mA
2-Rx: Black Pearl 7 channel (or 32 channel)
3-Antenna: Spironet circular polarized omni 5.8GHz from IRC/Fatshark + 5.8GHz +5dBi circular polarized Patch antenna for the BP diversity.
4- Dji iOSD mini
5- Plug and play cable to connect the iOSD, Tx, and Camera plug inside the phantom.
6- Holder for the BP.
Did i miss any item? s.

I purchased the exact same items from that online retailer except the antenna and BP holder. I did add to my order the extra battery for the BP and my experience with them was very good. As for antenna I went with FPVR combo and with with carbon fiber mount that I slighty modified.

thanks guys for the feedback, which FPVLR set did you use, for the RX i can see (as per QYV) pintalobe v2 RHCP with SMA connector, and RX is 4 turn Helix with SMA for the IRC Uno. this is set is a little expensive but i hope it will be one time investment.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers