My P4p nearly became a brick

Reaction score
I bought my p4p about a month ago , did not use for 2 half weeks . I did load of research on here and youtube.
I had a phantom 1 and moded it major over 3 years i never updated the firmware it worked great ,had many crashes and rebuilds prob in the 20s. Replaced fram motors just about everything.
No after reading all the bad things re firmware geo blocks etc i thought i would not mess around with new firmware.
I bought ipad mini4 and samsung min A8 sam had gps ipad not.
I was very carfull after original reg to watch i did not have internet connected.
After conecting up i then turn internet on to download maps or do it before leaving . This worked great good connection on both ipad and sam . Still testing as using on boat ie sam with gps and ipad in back blocks west Australia.
We have a small private conserwation block that i do nature photography on.
On using p4p yesterday the sam A8 blocked me from useing message restricted area etc . It is connected to net through Hotspot when i use it ,but has all the conection on it re phone and Internet. I just do not have personal sim card in. It just blocked me out.
Turned everything off. Then re booted everything with the ipad mine that has no conection at all .great it dose not even say i nead firmware update.

I must say it works great had no problems , had some great flights .
The sequence i use on turning on ( i know not recomended ) but it logs on every time and never had drop out yet.
Turn AC on then RC then ipad ,i make shore i turn everything of on the ipad (and sam) before shut me out.
I sertinly do not want all this geo block outs as i do all my flying in bush and coast away from civilization.
The secrets is have no active internet connection while starting up and have screen that has none as default. It works for me, i hope this might help some of the many frustrated folk on this forum.
Cheers Johnccha

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4