My P3P remote has a metal device holder mounting bracket

Reaction score
Did they change them? i've read that many people have plastic brackets? I notice on DJI's webpage for the P3P remote they show both the plastic and metal version.

I did send my remote in for repair (covered under warranty) so I'm not sure what my original remote had.

they must have stopped producing the plastic brackets. The Phantom 3 Pro/Advanced originally had plastic but if you wanted to use anything bigger than a phone you would have it wobble around and was just generally less secure than the metal bracket. A lot of people upgraded their bracket to either the Inspire 1 bracket or perhaps even better options that are being sold on ebay. The Phantom 4 now has the metal bracket of the Inspire 1 so maybe DJI has consolidated their production to only the metal bracket or maybe you just got lucky and the repair facility you sent your drone in to only had metal brackets available.

wasn't so much that the bracket itself was made out of plastic its that the knurled metal connector does not have many threads on it.... the inspire (metal) and the phantom (plastic) both have the same knurled meta connector with a short threaded interface.... some of the after market ones have a proper bolt that the entire shaft is threaded... that alone makes the holder safer.. they also have a wider base that provides even more stability....

Did they change them? i've read that many people have plastic brackets? I notice on DJI's webpage for the P3P remote they show both the plastic and metal version.

I did send my remote in for repair (covered under warranty) so I'm not sure what my original remote had.

OP can you post a pic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's a pic

Attachments

• 1457733315610.jpg
    1457733315610.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 536
Guys, do new P3A come with metal bracket or not ? I am just about to order one metal from Ebay but I wont if I get it on my new P3A that I have ordered.

Tnx

I already have the Inspire 1 device holder installed on my RC. Ordered it the first week of my wobbly experience I had my Phantom 3 Pro. Even with an iPad Mini it danced about and felt rather Dangerous, using the original OEM bracket. Once I had installed the metal one, it hasn't moved again. Been close to a year, and I've only had to adjust the upper pivot screw. ;-)
I think these ones hold just fine to my RC, as long it's been tightened down properly, in the beginning.
Never had a momentary concern using my large screen light body iPad Air 2 64gb Cellular.

Glad to see they have likely gotten rid of those problematic 'spastic' plastic device holders.
I kept my old one, and still not sure why. ;-)

RedHotPoker

So do they come now with Inspire holder or not ? Can somebody confirm that.

I will definitely put metal one if I get plastic.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4