My P3A out of control.

Reaction score
Hello everyone.My first post in this forum. Yesterday I flew my p3a and few seconds after takeoff it hit the tree. Not sure what happened in here but I couldn't stop it flying straight to the tree. Here's the log.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1440857202.484611.jpg

since its such a short flight could you film the flight log while it plays and post the video.. a picture only tells so much

You are flying on P-ATTI mode, not gps...

Judging by the Vertical Speed he was already falling or had fallen so that could have changed from p-gps mode to p-atti mode at that time.

thats why a video would help.

Sorry I thought I put the video file. After I posted then I saw it was picture. When I started the flight it was on GPS mode. I've never switched to Atti. I have flown here a lot of times with good signal and had no problem at all.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

So the issue is it continued to drift? then you accidentally descended rather than ascend?

I was trying to position the p3 on top of the goal about 50' high, but it kept going (drifting) until it hits the tree. By the way I have the latest update about a month ago for both RC and the bird. Never had any issues. I had the p3 since June 2015 and have flown over 800 miles since I own - with no single crush or issues.

Can I ask how many satellites you had? or just take off as soon as safe to fly (7)?

Looks like you were by a soccer field? was there a metal fence near your take off position? I am thinking compass?

If i'm not wrong I had 12 satellites. Unfortunately didn't have the video on. It happened really quick. I was going to position and start film our game. The damage was- since it landed upside down- 3 broken propellers, small crack one of the wing (by the screw) minor damage in the gimbal, still operative, UV filter crack. I change the propellers and flew after the crush to check on gimbal and the camera, it was kind of acting when i was moving camera up/down, tilt horizon, I took it home, did IMU calibration and will check the problem in couple hours to see if it fixed. I'm glad it didn't brake.

Last edited:
Reactions: atki
Yes I was by the metal fence but it wasn't first time i was flying there. I've done about 10 times at a same spot.
Here is the link of one.

Sorry to hear that man, 12 satellites is plenty, A friend of mine saw the video and said it could be a power system failure but thats without seeing the system data.. do you know how to get the data off your device?

Yes I was by the metal fence but it wasn't first time i was flying there. I've done about 10 times at a same spot.
Here is the link of on one.

New calibration in parking lot to the west of the fence before flight next to fence or you were using previous calibration? Did you happen to check the compass mod values before you take off. I never used to check them but I have put it on my list and have last few flights.

I was kind of in harry (because was a break time)-and first time ever didn't do compass calibration,but like i mention i have flown here dozens of times. So I used previous calibration. I waited until screen showed safe to fly, home point was set up.

take your time, no hurry, im off to bed but will pass on the data to a friend if no one else helps beforehand :)

Reactions: haysaqo

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31