My p3 not flying straight

Reaction score
My p3 not flying straight...if I push throttle forward always go forward and little bit left

If I push throttle backward will go backward and little bit right

-P / GPS mode 15+ sattelites
-IMU calbration using spirit level
-GPS calibration before flight green light
-not to windy
-Already try on different places
-already try Using stock or carbon props

Can anyone give suggestions?

i had the same problem a few months ago i thought it was the new firmware update at the time so stopped flying for a while then i looked at the flight logs and realised it was me doing it without realising i was pushing left on the stick as i was pushing forward so i took the phantom out again and was more careful flying it and it was ok and it hasent happened again.

Have a look at your flight logs and you'll see your stick inputs, you may not be positioning your sticks properly as the last poster found out. If you do have the sticks in the correct position try calibrating your sticks in RC calibration

Reactions: rigor and bobmyers
I dont think my hands was the problem... I just check the flight history

Anything else?
Or maybe too windy in my place? Hmmm

I dont think my hands was the problem... I just check the flight history

Anything else?
Or maybe too windy in my place? Hmmm

I had a similar situation before. I would fly out and when I was flying back in my P3 was constantly yawing left. It went away on its own... Hope you figure out what happened.

Compas was drifting I would say.
Calibration of compas in a really open area (no steel structure, cars ...) is needed.
Maybe it is what you say as "GPS calibration"?

Course lock maybe?

Ironically, I've started seeing my bird move to side when the stick movement is only in forward direction. I even did very close and slow tests and I can't seem to remedy. I'm traveling now, so can't really redo IMU calibration, thought I did this right b4 leaving and after loading latest SDK fw. I know I haven't had the issue b4 and it's not compass related. Possibly prop related!?!? I've got many miles on this set....either way, I'll be upgrading fw next week if the DJI announcement comes true

please help my dji still drifting to the left if i go straight

props balance maybe? is it big issues?

Compas was drifting I would say.
Calibration of compas in a really open area (no steel structure, cars ...) is needed.
Maybe it is what you say as "GPS calibration"?

I find it hard to do an IMU calibration out in the field. Try to do a calibration at home on a LEVEL surface with no metal nearby. Every time I would do it in the field my numbers would not be on. When I say level make sure x and y both are level (using a level). Also make sure the bird is cool before calibrating

What firmware?
I hope DJI didn't forget loading the magnetic declination data to counter the geographical magnetic anomaly.

I find it hard to do an IMU calibration out in the field. Try to do a calibration at home on a LEVEL surface with no metal nearby. Every time I would do it in the field my numbers would not be on. When I say level make sure x and y both are level (using a level). Also make sure the bird is cool before calibrating
Yes, IMU calibration is not compass calibration and should be done usually at home in quite and leveled area with the P3 off for at least 30 minutes so it is not warm. It includes the accelerometer and rotation sensors but for the compass the result is not usually valid.
Compass calibration has to be done in the field as it needs to include the environment, usually it is not needed each flight. Also sometimes it is even better not to try calibrating as it could say it accept the calibration but as soon the P3 take some altitude, the compass is in a different environment and could have a drift. That happened to me. Now I am making one good compass calibration in a really remote area and stick on it. It the bird didn't want to turn-on motors due to bad compass, that mean's to me that there are too much metallic structure in the environment (including underground) and I should move the P3 to a better place. As I usually I flight in almost same area, the magnetic field remains the same.

Mine is also drifting. IMU cal done. Compass cal done. But it still drifts. Seen it over the past week and it is annoying.
I did a test today to ensure that it wasn't my input that made it drift. Do a course lock. Fly forward for 30 meters and then back up to the starting point and re-do it a few times. Mine drifts a lot :(

I discovered mine drift too yesterday when I was trying to land the bird, the landing point has some obstacles I was trying to move the bird a bit to the front it drifted left, making my landing a bit difficult compares to usual. I found that many people are on firmware 1.4, reported if downgrade to 1.32 it will go normal??

I upgraded to 1.4 firmware, did an IMU calibration, a compass calibration at the flight site, and even though I only put the stick forward, it does not fly straight. I think the new firmware has some issue that needs to be fixed. On 1.3.2, it flew straight as an arrow. It's annoying. Any ideas?

I just went on DJI chat and they recommended IMU cal, which I already did, and then they said the same thing. I did the calibration - I'll have to test fly it to see if it helped.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.