My P2 has lost its mind, very erratic flight, almost no control

Reaction score
Help with an out of control P2!

Latest gen P2 w zenmuse gimbal, go pro 3, iOSD. Been flying it since December, no issues, I probably have 40 flights on it. I've been flying rc planes for 10 years.

2 flights after an easy crash into some pine trees, it has become unstable. It will not hold a hover, and will move about randomly. It will start to climb on its own, no input. I have to add full down just to stop its climb. It will hover, then suddenly move quickly downward. Now I need full up to keep it from crashing. Same with left/right, forward back. It will suddenly move right and it will take left input to hold it. Its impossible to hold steady. Landing is very difficult as it is so unstable. Prior to this it flew like a dream.

Latest firmware/software, calibrated compass and IMU. Put on new props, took it apart and checked wiring, all looked good on gross inspection.

Any suggestions appreciated!

Help with an out of control P2!

Latest gen P2 w zenmuse gimbal, go pro 3, iOSD. Been flying it since December, no issues, I probably have 40 flights on it. I've been flying rc planes for 10 years.

2 flights after an easy crash into some pine trees, it has become unstable. It will not hold a hover, and will move about randomly. It will start to climb on its own, no input. I have to add full down just to stop its climb. It will hover, then suddenly move quickly downward. Now I need full up to keep it from crashing. Same with left/right, forward back. It will suddenly move right and it will take left input to hold it. Its impossible to hold steady. Landing is very difficult as it is so unstable. Prior to this it flew like a dream.

Latest firmware/software, calibrated compass and IMU. Put on new props, took it apart and checked wiring, all looked good on gross inspection.

Any suggestions appreciated!
Check the GPS antenna for a crack you tube has several vids on GPS up grades or remove and replace If you do the R&R make sure you have the right size phlips the screws holding it will bugger easily You can replace the ceramic antenna for under $10.00 The complete module is $150.00 plus

Thanks Robert I'll try that. Do you know if the GPS is out, that it will send conflicting messages to the IMU and ESC? This problem seems worse than a GPS to me, but what do I know. Thanks for the reply, I'll look up those vids. :)

This is only conjecture on my part But I believe a cracked GPS antenna can pick Sat. connections while stable but gets erratic once you try to fly I am only 16 hours on flight time and its been a struggle in many ways. Perhaps others in the know will chime in

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20