My new used Phantom V1 remote question

Reaction score
Hi, I have looked everywhere and unable to find the answer to this question. I just got a used Phantom V1 from ebay and I am unable to connect with Naza-m software. I think I am supposed to use a different version but I just can't figure it out. I have a FC40 and I have been using the software with that. When I plug in the Phantom V1, there is nothing, the software is not seeing the phantom or the remote. I tried uninstalling the old naza-m, went to phantom 1 at dji and dl'd the Naza software and the driver software but nada. When I plug in the usb cable there is no reaction from either the drone or the computer. So, before i yell at the ebay seller who never used software, what am I doing wrong here. Thanks

I opened up my "new" used Phantom v1 and the usb cable that comes out the battery door is not connected inside the shell. And I cannot seem to locate where it might plug in. Since in is micro usb I wonder if an adapter is missing that plugs into the naza module. otherwise I am at a loss. Any suggestions?

That grey USB cord was connected to the small LED board you can see down at the far end of the battery bay (the big external LED is on the other side of it). If you open up the phantom shell and look down at that board you'll see the micro USB port on the top of it. While you should be able to use alternative USB cables to plug in to that port (I did and others have as well), some people report that a certain cable they had didn't work with it, and/or the port is a little finicky and may require you seating the plug in it just right to get a solid connection.

OI Photography said:
That grey USB cord was connected to the small LED board you can see down at the far end of the battery bay (the big external LED is on the other side of it). If you open up the phantom shell and look down at that board you'll see the micro USB port on the top of it. While you should be able to use alternative USB cables to plug in to that port (I did and others have as well), some people report that a certain cable they had didn't work with it, and/or the port is a little finicky and may require you seating the plug in it just right to get a solid connection.

It looks like I might be returning this to the ebay seller. The "LED" board I think it is called does not have a micro usb connection on it. What looks like a little burn mark where it might have been removed, but I guess and I would love to know if this is correct. But I would need to replace the LED board with one that has the usb connector on it. I think we can only buy that board in combo with the MC board for about $50.00. I think that would then let me address the Naza. But I have to wonder why this connector was removed. Here is a pic and you can see the board with no micro usb connector.

Attachments

• 20140621_132549smaller.jpg
    20140621_132549smaller.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 503
Yep, the port would have been right below that round white dab of silicone on the shell (the silicone is to help keep the plug upright in the port). I have no idea how or why it would be removed.

If you don't mind the cosmetic differences that will result, you can save some money and just get the standard NAZA LED unit, it will work in your Phantom and will let you connect it to the PC: http://www.allerc.com/dji-naza-m-versio ... -7932.html

I have ordered one of the items you show me below. Thank you for making it easy. I am afraid to fly it without checking the settings. Although I guess if I can do the compass dance, I can fly. is that correct? Does IOC need to be turned on in software to enable rth?

OI Photography said:
Yep, the port would have been right below that round white dab of silicone on the shell (the silicone is to help keep the plug upright in the port). I have no idea how or why it would be removed.

If you don't mind the cosmetic differences that will result, you can save some money and just get the standard NAZA LED unit, it will work in your Phantom and will let you connect it to the PC: http://www.allerc.com/dji-naza-m-versio ... -7932.html

I guess I am gonna keep this phantom, the ebay seller is going to refund me $50.00 and send me an led board. That means I will be spending about $340.00 for this quadcopter, is that an ok deal?

I went out and took it for a fly (what does one call it?) anyway I did the compass calibration and I find that process a little funny, here is how it goes. I flip the switch not all the way from gps to the bottom but in order to get it to go yellow I have to flip it from gps down just 1 atti then back up a bunch of times. Also, to keep the yellow light on I must leave the switch in the middle atti setting not up at gps as I do on my fc40. I do the dance and it all seems ok, although I must switch back to gps to get all green lights. It seemed to fly just fine but when I tried return to home by moving the left switch to the bottom then the right stick back towards me is how you do it on the FC40. but when I did that on this phantom it did not fly back towards me but in the direction it was facing. Since I am unable to check settings in software (I ordered the part that will let me connect through usb and us the naza software) I do not know what the current setting, nor can I enable ioc (is that correct?) thanks.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj