MY new Phantom 3 or my Family

Reaction score
My wife got so mad when I told her that I gonna spend a $1399 dollars in a drone, She said "is too much money for a toy" she stop talk to me for three weeks,
After a month of waiting, finally my new PHANTOM 3 professional arrive!! ... I try to make it fly in front my wife, I read all instructions and nothing, my wife was laugh like crazy , Im felt like a worm.
I make my research for a explanation , some rumors, but nothing from DJI,I can believed DJI have no a note or an excuse, or a e-mail explaining this problem about the IOS app.
Come on DJI, I trust you with my $1300 for advance for more than a month, you delivery your product at the date you want , incomplete , because I ordered with two batteries and I just get one, with no a simple note " wait for your battery in a second delivery".
My wife said that I so fool and selfish for spend 1300 dollar in a junk toy , I try to make her understand with no luck, so she told me if I can make fly my P3P before May 10th, I have to burn it to ashes or she gonna move with her mom and take the kids with her , and I agree.

Come on DJI , help me ..... Don't let me down!!

Reactions: FrequentFlyer
That's why I live alone with my Border Collie. Do whatever the hell I want. And do anyone I can do. LOL

Send it back. Problem solved.

(The P3, that is)

Last edited:
Reactions: FrequentFlyer
Tell her don't let the door hit ya on the way out! lol Get an android device and fly it.

Reactions: mij119
Proof that iOS destroys lives.

Seriously though, Android is probably the better platform because that's where all the best 3rd party apps will be eg POI, follow me etc. Just look at the apps for the P2V+ like Vision Plus app that has booster and follow me built in, way better than DJI's effort

Seriously though, Android is probably the better platform because that's where all the best 3rd party apps will be eg POI, follow me etc. Just look at the apps for the P2V+ like Vision Plus app that has booster and follow me built in, way better than DJI's effort

Seriously, I would think P3 owners would be more concerned about devices that will work best with lightbridge/FPV. IOS has the edge.

Reactions: aenbacka
Clearly, since non-iOS devices have been flying for days now...
Hmmmmm. Let's review. You own a "flying camera." What platform is superior to the other when it comes to working with video, movies, pictures, music, etc. So sorry, my friend, it is "not" windows and android.

Hmmmmm. Let's review. You own a "flying camera." What platform is superior to the other when it comes to working with video, movies, pictures, music, etc. So sorry, my friend, it is "not" windows and android.
You process video on your phone?o_O

Reactions: GoodnNuff
My wife got so mad when I told her that I gonna spend a $1399 dollars in a drone, She said "is too much money for a toy" she stop talk to me for three weeks,
After a month of waiting, finally my new PHANTOM 3 professional arrive!! ... I try to make it fly in front my wife, I read all instructions and nothing, my wife was laugh like crazy , Im felt like a worm.
I make my research for a explanation , some rumors, but nothing from DJI,I can believed DJI have no a note or an excuse, or a e-mail explaining this problem about the IOS app.
Come on DJI, I trust you with my $1300 for advance for more than a month, you delivery your product at the date you want , incomplete , because I ordered with two batteries and I just get one, with no a simple note " wait for your battery in a second delivery".
My wife said that I so fool and selfish for spend 1300 dollar in a junk toy , I try to make her understand with no luck, so she told me if I can make fly my P3P before May 10th, I have to burn it to ashes or she gonna move with her mom and take the kids with her , and I agree.

Come on DJI , help me ..... Don't let me down!!
Get a Nexus 7 (2013) for like $100 and use that until the iOS side of things is figured out. I'd also recommend selling any other toys you may have to compensate for the $1,400 purchase - at least bring it down a few hundred bucks. Also, cancel any extra monthly expenses in your budget to make up for it - and then work some overtime! You'll have over $1,000 saved up from those things in a few months then show her the difference :)

Reactions: Slimwest1

o_O you obviously don't keep up with the state of the mobile software development industry. iOS users clearly buy more apps and at a higher average selling price than android users. And the tablet King from a performance standpoint (pure tablets not x86 based tablets like the surface) has been and continues to be the iPad. The Air 2 is a beast even though there seems to be something funky going on with its hardware accelerated graphics and the DJi app.

First- you need the app.
Next - you need to activate the drone.

That is why you couldn't fly. Why can't DJI spell this out. Why such a mystery. I think there is a problem with the translation. I never knew about the activation BS before my first flight. Sucked!

I told my wife my birthday was coming up and I know its a lot of $ but I've waited for a long time and it's got almost everything I've wanted in a drone. She said "Just get it and it's NOT your birthday gift." :) I never brought i up again and it gets here tomorrow :D.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic