My new P1 is gonna get FPV for $29.55, 18 grams without antenna

Reaction score
Has anyone tried this yet? I'm going to shoot for the lightest possible mods for my new bird.

The product... 200mw 32 channel transmitter with 5 volt output, and camera:
http://rctimer.com/product-1275.html

RC Model Reviews, video:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Shipping cost $2 and PayPal cost another $1 = 29.55 via the slow boat.
Don't think it'll be here for the 4th of July, but oh well.

Let me know how this works out. I'm very interested in trying this as well!

I'll be happy to share what I learn.

I've also got a $10 MinimOSD V1.1 which wants 5 volts at one end, and 12 volts at the other. I never wanted to "jumper" the 5 volt to the 12 side by soldering on the board.

This will be a good way to add OSD to FPV at a total cost of $40.

The OSD will add another 5 grams once I put it in some heat shrink tubing, it came naked.

Total weight gain for FPV with OSD hardware now stands at a whopping 23 grams. :D

Minim OSD V1.1 ec.jpg

Last edited:
I have 7 prop guards, well 7 1/2.

I'm doing much better and haven't had anything but 1 tip over this year. Auto land doesn't work well in high winds... :(

Oh yea, trees only account for about 50% of my collisions. :)

Reactions: dirkclod
Today gonna be my birds birthday... Yippee, it arrived.

Empty weight: 634.3 grams
With 2200 DJI battery: 804.0 grams

Today gonna be my birds birthday... Yippee, it arrived.

Empty weight: 634.3 grams
With 2200 DJI battery: 804.0 grams
images4HKE7OJ0.jpg
Ahaaa Picture please ! As TJ used ta say ..Proof in da pudding !
think that was TJ :confused:

PhantomFanatic.jpg

Hey, nope. Put it together and plugged it in to watch it flash red and yellow... Error 27, I think, popped up in a little window. That's when I knew I should not have set the new leg with compass ON TOP OF THE CHARGER... :eek::eek::eek::( My compass MOD was at 2700. Got that down a bit with a magnet and took it outside and calibrated it.

All turned out just OK. Even though the temp was too warm for the Advanced IMU calibration, it acted like it did it anyway. IOC wouldn't turn on till I fixed the compass.

Calibrated the sticks and all looked pretty good... then the wind went whacky, so I didn't fly.

They had tornado warnings about 60 miles away and the T-Storms kept rolling by all afternoon. Oh well, tomorrow should be really nice.

Hey, nope. Put it together and plugged it in to watch it flash red and yellow... Error 27, I think, popped up in a little window. That's when I knew I should not have set the new leg with compass ON TOP OF THE CHARGER... :eek::eek::eek::( My compass MOD was at 2700. Got that down a bit with a magnet and took it outside and calibrated it.

All turned out just OK. Even though the temp was too warm for the Advanced IMU calibration, it acted like it did it anyway. IOC wouldn't turn on till I fixed the compass.

Calibrated the sticks and all looked pretty good... then the wind went whacky, so I didn't fly.

They had tornado warnings about 60 miles away and the T-Storms kept rolling by all afternoon. Oh well, tomorrow should be really nice.
When I first plugged my bird in, the mod was around 2500. After unplugging it and a compass cal, it dropped down to around 1400. Moving it away from the laptop it's about 1600. Using a magnet would be the very last thing I would do. ,

Well, I may do dumb stuff sometimes, but occasionally I get lucky. :) Flies like a dream... :)
First flight this afternoon I lifted off from 7,136 Ft MSL. The air is a bit mushy up there.
Piece of cake though.

GOPR2514.JPG

Last edited:
Yepper, I'm happy.

FPV stuff just made it onto the slow boat yesterday... :rolleyes:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member