My "new owner" of P3P needs help

Reaction score
This will be the title of this thread. My new owner needs help..
Starts bird with CSC & then bird falls over backward...
I advised remove props & re in stall... Not Crossthreaded?

Ok that was done. It'll sit there now with props running...
I advised to FULL THROTTLE take off, to 10 -15 foot & hover....
Any ideas? gang?

Yes I've advised to READ the manual a few times & Join this forum.
more to come..
Thanks all... Phantom2USA

Sounds to me like he tried to turn the motors back off with a CSC. That can easily cause a flip over.

Sorry, this is too confusing for my simple and aged brain.

I advised remove props & re in stall... Not Crossthreaded?
Ok that was done. It'll sit there now with props running...
You fixed the props and it now idles okay on the ground without tipping over. Is that correct?

I advised to FULL THROTTLE take off, to 10 -15 foot & hover....
Any ideas? gang?
After idling okay on the ground, are you saying that you commanded it to take off? Any ideas about what? Did it take off okay or not?

Sounds like hes Holding the Start UP sticks longer then he needs too ! "when the props start to spin.....Fingers OFF sticks !

Thats exactly what happened to me the first few times i started UP the Drone.....then i found out the right way Thanks to members here !

Last edited:
Sounds to me like he tried to turn the motors back off with a CSC. That can easily cause a flip over.
Correct @Fly Dawg , & thanks for reminding me, I'm sure I've written this to him before delivery, but will advise on the next phone call.

Sounds like hes Holding the Start UP sticks longer then he needs too ! "when the props start to spin.....Fingers OFF sticks !
Hey @MotorCycle-Man... I'll pass this along too on the next phone call.. Ya just wanna be there, right? , before this goes bad..
Thanks, Phantom2USA

Thats exactly what happened to me the first few times i started UP the Drone.....then i found out the right way Thanks to members here !
I can only hope to pass this on in time...lol
thanks..

I agree 100%...we want that new buyer to be Very very happy with the purchase !
& ya know, I kinda didn't even want to sell this aircraft.. lol , but it helps on the new "Bell"

Sorry, this is too confusing for my simple and aged brain.

You fixed the props and it now idles okay on the ground without tipping over. Is that correct?

After idling okay on the ground, are you saying that you commanded it to take off? Any ideas about what? Did it take off okay or not?
This reply to @Oso , I believe he said after giving the CSC & starting engines, it gave the two rev's & then toppled backwards. & Idea's about why the problem . & I'm thinking no to the take off & will follow up to all the questions... Thanks..

Last edited:
I believe he said after giving the CSC & starting engines, it gave the two rev's & then toppled backwards.
If that is true, that's a new one I have not seen. In every case like this that I have seen it has been due to CSC to turn the motors off, or taking off with gradual throttle....It can topple like that as well with even the slightest throttle up as opposed to full throttle until hover. I have never seen one simply topple after starting the motors, as there is not enough power at that moment to lift the aircraft. Even if a motor was bad or unbalanced props it won't leave the ground without stick inputs (Or auto take-off). You might ask if he could send you the device data file, then you will know if there was stick movement.

Reactions: Phantom2USA
I’d advise her/him to use auto takeoff. If it takes off and hovers, that would rule out any user errors in the takeoff routine.

When I got my P3S (my first DJI drone), I used the auto takeoff and never had a problem. I still occasionally use it.

Chris

If that is true, that's a new one I have not seen. In every case like this that I have seen it has been due to CSC to turn the motors off, or taking off with gradual throttle....It can topple like that as well with even the slightest throttle up as opposed to full throttle until hover. I have never seen one simply topple after starting the motors, as there is not enough power at that moment to lift the aircraft. Even if a motor was bad or unbalanced props it won't leave the ground without stick inputs (Or auto take-off). You might ask if he could send you the device data file, then you will know if there was stick movement.
Thanks for that for sure, @Flydawg I know what you mean too...I've explained the full throttle start into hover, & again be advised this is a new pilot & I explained the importance of the manual, full charging everything etc..

I should NOT have asked the question "WHY" I should have just posted to the forum as to the results so far as to this sale... We All Know Why...

I’d advise her/him to use auto takeoff. If it takes off and hovers, that would rule out any user errors in the takeoff routine.

When I got my P3S (my first DJI drone), I used the auto takeoff and never had a problem. I still occasionally use it.

Chris
@Chrislaf I will do that..
Thanks

Thanks @Fly Dawg ... I certainly hope it doesn't go the "device data file needed" way...

I certainly hope it doesn't go the "device data file needed" way...
That is the easiest way actually. Unless you can get a full description of the pilots actions that make sense. With the device logs you can see if there are any stick inputs following motor start. That would explain a lot.

Please let US all know when the problems fixed.....Yep we want him happy and YOU happy with a new "BELL" !

Well.. You gotta sit down for this one...

My "New Pilot & Owner" txt me & informed me that he was up & flying...Maneuvered a bit a came back down..about 10 minutes..YEAH............

He didn't have the props placed properly according to their colors...
I wasn't aware you could put the wrong prop on a motor & have it thread on? I'm going to try it right now... carefully.....

So there you have it....another pilot in the sky.......

Well.. You gotta sit down for this one...

My "New Pilot & Owner" txt me & informed me that he was up & flying...Maneuvered a bit a came back down..about 10 minutes..YEAH............

He didn't have the props placed properly according to their colors...
I wasn't aware you could put the wrong prop on a motor & have it thread on? I'm going to try it right now... carefully.....

So there you have it....another pilot in the sky.......
Just tried... I can't spin a silver on black top motor

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4