My neighbours a nut!

Reaction score
Last Thursday my nutty neighbour, who has been shitstirring me for years, (we live semi rural) fired off his high-powered rifle close to my house. A short time later he screamed up and down our boundary fence on his dirt bike, so I thought I'd put my Standard up to try and shut him up. Sure enough, as soon as he saw my bird rise above the trees he dropped his dirt bike and rushed inside to get his video camera. My mad neighbour must know that in New Zealand you're not allowed to fly your bird over a neighbour's property so he ran to the boundary fence and leaned back hard against it trying to get a shot of my bird trespassing in his air space. I hovered just inside my boundary and laughed out loud as I watched him try to get his "proof of harassment" footage.

buzz him at night

Reactions: wolfweb
Put another shrimp on the barbi and invite him over for a Foster's and some fun annoying other neighbors with the drone and his bike.

Reactions: JBJO
Hey Walt, New Zealand isn't part of Australia, in fact they are more than 900 miles apart at their closest point. I have no beef with my other neighbours so I think your idea would be counter productive.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Last Thursday my nutty neighbour, who has been shitstirring me for years, (we live semi rural) fired off his high-powered rifle close to my house. A short time later he screamed up and down our boundary fence on his dirt bike, so I thought I'd put my Standard up to try and shut him up. Sure enough, as soon as he saw my bird rise above the trees he dropped his dirt bike and rushed inside to get his video camera. My mad neighbour must know that in New Zealand you're not allowed to fly your bird over a neighbour's property so he ran to the boundary fence and leaned back hard against it trying to get a shot of my bird trespassing in his air space. I hovered just inside my boundary and laughed out loud as I watched him try to get his "proof of harassment" footage.
Suppose there are rednecks everywhere. Difference is, here in Alabama he would have been shooting at your Standard with a shotgun, not a camera. I'll take your rednecks any day. ;)

The rednecks here in N/E MS wouldn't shoot at your drone. They shoot each other .
You keep your rednecks on your side of the line so we will not have to shoot them !
;);)

I just don't see how antagonizing people helps anyone, let alone the hobbie

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Call the police and let them deal with it. Shooting a gun in the air is bad

Call the police and let them deal with it. Shooting a gun in the air is bad

Sorry Speedz, we're not being serious, although I do agree with you that antagonizing a neighbor is a bad idea, even though he's a dirtbag.

Reactions: dirkclod
Hi Jacobus. Where are you ? I'm in Tauranga looking for other phantom fliers to meet up with and swap areas to fly in . I'm tired of flying/filming in same areas . Cheers

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

The other day a very paranoid construction person threatened to shoot my Inspire down with a nail gun even after I thoroughly explained I was not there to film him. He pivoted to saying it was dangerous yet he just walked 150ft to right under the Inspire so he could berate me. When I tried to convince him of the legal ramifications, he said "f*** the law" at which point I knew I had a live one on my hands. I packed up and left. Not worth it. Shot the location this morning. No hassles.

Pick your battles carefully.

Hi Ianwood
Similar yesterday. Flying in very rural area in UK about 500m from my house when a nutter came down a track and said I was a spying f##### pervert and if I did not fxxx off he would smash me up and my quad. Then said he was a pilot and I was flying and walking on private property.
Really strange as I was on a public footpath and about 300m off to my left was a family in the field with their kids and dogs-same 'private' field!!! I was flying over.
I guess the idiot has never been in a plane let alone be a pilot as he struggled to have a decent command of English. I packed up and left whilst he dragged his knuckles back up the track

I'd tell the dumpshizz to go ahead and try to shoot down my Inspire with his nail gun, capture him doing so on video then call the cops to show them how this dumbshizz is endangering the public by shooting projectiles into the air with no regard for where they land and whom they might injure.

In reality you did the right thing, just leave...

The other day a very paranoid construction person threatened to shoot my Inspire down with a nail gun even after I thoroughly explained I was not there to film him. He pivoted to saying it was dangerous yet he just walked 150ft to right under the Inspire so he could berate me. When I tried to convince him of the legal ramifications, he said "f*** the law" at which point I knew I had a live one on my hands. I packed up and left. Not worth it. Shot the location this morning. No hassles.

Pick your battles carefully.

In reality you did the right thing, just leave...

I was tempted to let him carry out his nailgun vigilante fantasy but thankfully I convinced myself the satisfaction would be very limited compared to the headaches it would create.

Hi Jacobus. Where are you ? I'm in Tauranga looking for other phantom fliers to meet up with and swap areas to fly in . I'm tired of flying/filming in same areas . Cheers

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi Joe, I'm in Wanganui, a bit far from Omokoroa but if you're ever over this way I'll show you round. If you've got an RV better still, I've got flat acres you can park up. Cheers Jack.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4