My mini review of the 2015 Nebula FPV goggles

Reaction score
So I've been looking for some good quality FPV goggles for a while now but I didn't want to buy any until the day came when I installed my HDMI board on my P3P controller. Well, the day has came and I bought a set of the 2015 Nebula FPV goggles. I bought them from mtnmaddman on the forum. He sells them on eBay for $399. They run off an HDMI cable with some adjustments for brightness, contrast and gamma settings. They don't have any viewing point adjustments which some people might frown upon but they look just fine with me. This says something because I wear eye glasses and I can see the OSD just fine.

I haven't flown with them yet because I just installed my HDMI board tonight but I did give them a whirl with powering up my P3P's camera so I could see the initial FPV screen. The FPV display looks pretty nice from what little I did play with it. I'm looking forward to finally being able to fly my aircraft in the broad daylight sun while being able to see the FPV.

Here's a couple of pics to show you guys what the goggles look like. I'm sure they're not as nice as the Sony Cinemizers but they're also nowhere near as expensive. I will update my review after I fly with them tomorrow.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

So I've been looking for some good quality FPV goggles for a while now but I didn't want to buy any until the day came when I installed my HDMI board on my P3P controller. Well, the day has came and I bought a set of the 2015 Nebula FPV goggles. I bought them from mtnmaddman on the forum. He sells them on eBay for $399. They run off an HDMI cable with some adjustments for brightness, contrast and gamma settings. They don't have any viewing point adjustments which some people might frown upon but they look just fine with me. This says something because I wear eye glasses and I can see the OSD just fine.

I haven't flown with them yet because I just installed my HDMI board tonight but I did give them a whirl with powering up my P3P's camera so I could see the initial FPV screen. The FPV display looks pretty nice from what little I did play with it. I'm looking forward to finally being able to fly my aircraft in the broad daylight sun while being able to see the FPV.

Here's a couple of pics to show you guys what the goggles look like. I'm sure they're not as nice as the Sony Cinemizers but they're also nowhere near as expensive. I will update my review after I fly with them tomorrow.

View attachment 27508 View attachment 27509 View attachment 27510

Looks nice, tho for less money you could go for the new fatshark dominator V3 fpv goggles which supports the input of the Phantom 3 and Inspire 1. And with that you'll have something you can also work with a standard 2.4ghz or 5.8ghz squad so it's use will be more versatile I think. I don't really know what the difference in optical quality is between the new fatshark and this one but it will be interesting to see someone do a comparison down the line when they see no longer just in pre order.

Thanks Phantom3 menace
here is a couple of tips there are a few things that are a bit different that you can do for tweeks depending on your pad or phone here is a few of my observations when using the glasses, I have concerns with the economy and the chinese economy, I have cancelled my next order on the glasses, Also I updated the firmware on my new Inspire it is sitting here now a 3k paper weight, one light led is lit solid the moment you turn it on , and the motors will not start. with the message on the app esc error call dji. This has ruined my endeavor into this hobby-business venture. I just ran an ad, applied for my faa exemption, and had some shoots lined up for next week, Now I am dead in the water, I am on a very limited income as I am retired and I invested a lot of money in this project and equipment to help supplement my income. I can not tolerate
this magnitude of problems, nor the loss that I am now experiencing. I will never buy another DJI product. MY Inspire was perfect until it was destroyed by dji upgrade. This is totally insane and more that I can bear both mentally and financially. I spent an enormous amount of time and money on this project, I thought that it was something that I could do to help with my survival, that I would really enjoy. I am not going to be able to recover from this firmware upgrade, It will be winter here in the mountains before I get my Inspire back. If I get it back at all. I dont see anything good in the future, for me and the pursuit of this endeavor. I really have no way to recover my so called business in the use of my Inspire to commercially make any money. My Inspire will be for sale when I get it back.I have to concentrate on taking care of my wife who is not well, as we are getting up there in age. Thanks DJI for destroying my business, any way here is a couple of things that I have found.

if your video is smooth now and you are set on auto for your channels in the hd section you are in pretty good shape, if you are set to manual now, and you already have turned the bit rate to the lowest setting to get a smooth picture, the hdmi board, is going to push a little harder on your processor, and the picture may not be smooth. you will understand what I mean when you see the recompilated data and picture in the hdmi. This makes no difference, as to whatever you have plugged into the hdmi., it simply requires more processing power with the hdmi running. So in the HD section in your app you will likely have to set the settings to manual,select a clean channel, turn on the hdmi board (the electronic switch is in the hd section on app). You will likely have to set the bit rate to the lowest setting, and set at 60 hz 50 hz will not work. Now here is the important thing, it is your boot sequence. With everything plugged into the remote start the pad and get it running, I suggest that you have the wifi off and the airplane mode on. switch on the remote and start the app , start the camera section and get that all lit before you turn on the aircraft. The reason that this is important is that the communication between the pad the remote and the hdmi board needs to get established before you throw the data that is coming back from the craft into the mix. If you dont use this sequence you may see an abnormally high interference in your 8 channels that the lightbridge operates on. Resulting in a lot of weak transmission nags on your screen. Now , if all is running good and the picture is smooth you are in good shape, your pad or phone has enough processing power to handle everything. You may want to look at this also, this really works. and helps a lot, the better the signal between the craft and remote the better the whole thing works, this signal strength is more critical when running the hdmi board. This really works. http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=23565&fromuid=17178 drop me a note and let me know how you are doing with it when you get it all lit up.

Reactions: Mike Mauk
^ Sorry about your $3K loss. Your experience is why I preach to EVERYONE on this forum to NEVER update their firmware unless they absolutely have to. It amazes me at how a hi-tech company like DJI can have such amazing products and yet they have some of the most worse software writers in this business.

Reactions: Mike Mauk

View attachment 27508 View attachment 27509 View attachment 27510
Please help. I just upgraded to the HDMI module and the HDMI output works, my Nebula HDMI goggles are arriving Saturday,I though I can power them up via tha spare min USB interface of the HDMI module but no matter what I conect to that port it just does not react, no power is common from the mini USB port. How do u power up your Nebula goggles? What is the purpose of the mini USB port?

Got them they work and no need for usb power feed

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl