My Max Range seems to be about 1600ft

Reaction score
I am having issues with my drones range. I use this drone for commercial purposes, and the short range is becoming very inconvenient. So much so, half the time I have to physically drive my car to a new location because I am unable to push my drone past 1,600 ft without losing my video feed.

By default, without signal boosters, I typically read the phantom 4 pro can get close to 5,000 ft. So I am not sure why there is such a large discrepancy with my experience. Is there some setting or configuration I need to use to get more range? I am currently using 2.4ghz and using my t-mobile phone as a wireless hotspot to get satellites. It usually picks up 16 or more.

I am going to buy Skyreat range boosters as well, but I still would like to know why my default out of the box range with my Phantom seems so low.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
I am having issues with my drones range. I use this drone for commercial purposes, and the short range is becoming very inconvenient. So much so, half the time I have to physically drive my car to a new location because I am unable to push my drone past 1,600 ft without losing my video feed.

By default, without signal boosters, I typically read the phantom 4 pro can get close to 5,000 ft. So I am not sure why there is such a large discrepancy with my experience. Is there some setting or configuration I need to use to get more range?
I mentioned the obvious things to try in this post:
Professional - Haven't Been Able to Fly Further than 1,500ft
Another thing to try is ... if 2.4GHz isn't working well in your environment, try 5.8.
I am currently using 2.4ghz and using my t-mobile phone as a wireless hotspot to get satellites. It usually picks up 16 or more
You don't need any hotspot to have GPS reception.
Your Phantom has a perfectly good GPS receiver of it's own - probably better than your phone.
And GPS reception is completely unrelated to the range you experience.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj