My longest planned flight

Reaction score
I am planning on flying this mission tomorrow and it is the longest I have done so far with the Litchi app. I am thinking I may lose signal during flight so thought I would ask a few questions. I am probably over thinking this but it seems this week a guy may have lost his drone due to elevation change and with added height of trees and crashed when he lost signal and is not sure where it is. I posted pic of way point 1 it shows 0 feet below 1st way point. Waypoint 6 for example shows ground elevation 513 feet, 2 ft above 1st waypoint. I HAVE ALL WAY POINTS SET AT 110 FEET except for the waypoints in front of barn as drone returns towards way point 1 as I can see the drone clearly at that point and it is open field coming back to start and I should be able to take manual control at that point if needed. My question is will having the waypoints height at 110 feet keep drone at that height at each waypoint? This is basically a flat field a few rolling hills but my take off point is nearly the highest one. thanks for your help

Attachments

• ET.jpg
    ET.jpg
    591.1 KB · Views: 285
  • ET 1.jpg
    ET 1.jpg
    663.6 KB · Views: 252
  • waypoint 1.png
    waypoint 1.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 391
I pretty much fly video waypoint missions as opposed to imaging waypoint missions, but let's say WP 5 is at 200' and WP 6 is at 250. Your bird will be at 200' at WP 5 and will ascend between both waypoints and arrive at WP 6 at 200'. I just can't remember how it is during imaging missions if it changes height at the waypoint or ascends/descends en route to the next point.

Also, if you don't already know, you can highlight WPs on your mission and set them as a group to be a certain height above ground. Let's say you have all of your WPs at 110', you can select multiple WPs on your screen, set them at 110' and then your bird will fly those points at 110' above ground level. I'll do that when the ground isn't flat.

thank you, I didn't see any problem on the short test missions. I looked at my mission folder and the waypoints on the flights I made in the yard are the same as far as info at the waypoints being above or below my 1st way point and height was not an issue, but after hearing about the lost drone just wanted to double check!

Reactions: ftttu

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues