|| My H3-3D Experience ||

Reaction score
So I got my new H3-3D gimbal in today and went to work as soon as I unboxed it. I'll try to be short. I have the old Phantom 2 so I had to drill the dreadful hole. I Installed the gimbal and surprisingly, it didn't touch my battery like I thought it would. I read that people were using washers or whatever so it wouldn't touch, mine didn't. I didn't update software at first because I heard people were having issues with new 3.2 software and I also didn't install anti interference at first. I turned it on and it was making all kinds of sounds and going haywire. Re-calibrating didn't help so my other options were update software and install anti interference. I installed anti interference and tried again, no dice, still went crazy even with re-calibrating. Last resort, I updated to 3.2 re-calibrated everything again and boom, noise free, and flew like a champ and still isn't hitting battery. I don't understand why it works for some people with 2.0 and no anti interference but for me I needed to update and use anti interference. I also don't get why some people are having issues with the battery touching, but if a washer helps then awesome! Here's some test footage from today with no jello so far and no editing so you can see and hear exactly how it flew with some quick maneuvers and straight flying. Check out small clip below and be sure to watch in HD.

http://youtu.be/eEXdCONiiJ0

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Chris C. Andrew
P L O Y - Aerial Cinematography
Creative Director
Cell: 407-412-4186
Email: [email protected]

http://www.ployfilms.com
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

PloyFilms said:
I also don't get why some people are having issues with the battery touching

Yes, it's weird. Either all Phantom 2 (original) bodies are not identical or all Zenmuse H3-3Ds are not identical. When I enlarged the hole and fitted my H3-3D, I couldn't even insert the battery fully because the top of the 3rd axis motor was in the way!

Peter Evans said:
PloyFilms said:
I also don't get why some people are having issues with the battery touching

Yes, it's weird. Either all Phantom 2 (original) bodies are not identical or all Zenmuse H3-3Ds are not identical. When I enlarged the hole and fitted my H3-3D, I couldn't even insert the battery fully because the top of the 3rd axis motor was in the way!

Alright so yes my P2 is working fine with my H3-3D but I still am not 100% satisfied. Peter, I've watched your test flights and am very impressed, I'm curious, what are your settings with the P2? You said something about having ____ setting on "-2"? I'm assuming you're referring to your pitch settings and I was curious what yours were? Yours is perfect. Another question, why does my left leg on the P2 keep showing while it's filming? It's not showing the entire time but when I make turns and certain angles it keeps coming into view?

PloyFilms said:
Peter, I've watched your test flights and am very impressed, I'm curious, what are your settings with the P2? You said something about having ____ setting on "-2"? I'm assuming you're referring to your pitch settings and I was curious what yours were? Yours is perfect. Another question, why does my left leg on the P2 keep showing while it's filming? It's not showing the entire time but when I make turns and certain angles it keeps coming into view?

I'm a bit confused. I haven't posted any P2+GoPro video yet! :?

Anyway, as to the gimbal settings, I had the 'Tilt Control Gain' set to 3 (when I wrote last night it was from memory and I thought there was a minus in front, but there isn't) Now I've made it slightly slower again (set to 2). As I say, it looks really slow when you watch the camera move but, in flight, it works great for me.

At sunset last night I was shooting at 2.7k with 'Medium' FOV and I had rotors slightly visible from time to time. I've just set the gimbal's 'Vertical Limit' setting to -6 and I will see if that cures the problem. (That's obviously where I recalled seeing a minus setting!)

Your left landing gear comes into view because the GoPro lens is not centralised between the landing gear so it's closer to the left leg than it is to the right. You can cure that by putting altering the gimbal's 'Horizontal Limit' (or leave the setting at zero and simply edit it out in post-processing).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31