My H3-3D didn't ship with an anti-interference board

Reaction score
So I bought a H3-3D from firstpersonview in the UK, expecting everything to be as much of a breeze to install and operate as the H3-2D gimbal I also own.

First of all, there was the issue of the lack of a hole in my phantom. Okay, not an insurmountable problem that, but a pain. There was a pack you could order, but it wasn't listed at the time I was purchasing the 3D gimbal.

Secondly, no interference board. Not sure what the deal was there. My gimbal game with a GCU - so I suspect, in my haste to purchase I bought the non-phantom specific version. Again, I didn't realise there was a difference (and I'm only guessing at this point). I've read that the interference board only fixes the interference the gimbal causes with your FPV signal - that the jello present in the gopro footage is simply down to mechanics, not electrics. There seems to be varying opinions on this - I'd lke to actually know what the board is for, and if I should get one.

Lastly, I could see past all of the above if the video footage I captured was up to scratch, but it isn't. Jello jello jello. Horrible, unusable, I can't even look at it. The 2d gimbal never suffered from this problem to this degree. I'm tempted to revert back to the 2d gimbal. The 3d gimbal should work out of the box without putting layers of sorbothane and drilling flipping holes, but it doesn't. Very very disappointed with the results.

Hi, I was disappointed with mine when I first tried it, the quality was rubbish. Upped the frame rate to 60fps (1080) and changed the dampers from white to black, also balanced the blades. The quality is much better now. Not fitted the board as I never really knew what it was for!

Well after exhaustive testing and tinkering, I've decided to return the unit. It's clearly not meant to operate the way it is. I installed my H3-2D gimbal and it's working perfectly. When i'm in a stable hover, it will randomly tilt downwards then back up again - definitely not how it's meant to work. Very frustrating!

I'm looking to get a replacement and will see how I get on with it...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1